g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki_United

I don't get why Barcelona isn't trying to sign him, Bravo is not the youngest and Ter Stegen is not reliable. He played 26 games and got 27 goals. His mistakes are awkward, like yesterday with Germany in their friendly game.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't get why Barcelona isn't trying to sign him, Bravo is not the youngest and Ter Stegen is not reliable. He played 26 games and got 27 goals. His mistakes are awkward, like yesterday with Germany in their friendly game.
Think that's because he is from Madrid, and Barcelona dont sign players from Madrid. Said this in another thread as well, but it is very rare for Barcelona to sign a Spanish player who isn't from Catalonia or a graduate of their youth academy

Aki_United

Think that's because he is from Madrid, and Barcelona dont sign players from Madrid. Said this in another thread as well, but it is very rare for Barcelona to sign a Spanish player who isn't from Catalonia or a graduate of their youth academy
Makes sense. ^^
Ok, so we're lucky.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Never realised this. Looking at their squad, they actually don't have a non-Catalan Spaniard in the first team, except the ones that came through La Masia. Pretty cool, that.

Who was the last non-Catalan Spaniard player they signed for the first team?

cyberman

Never realised this. Looking at their squad, they actually don't have a non-Catalan Spaniard in the first team, except the ones that came through La Masia. Pretty cool, that.

Is Iniesta Catalan? Villa and Pedro?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I think Villa, but before that I think it was Enrique.

SirAF

Ageist
Imagine if we opted against signing Rooney in 2004 because he was scouse/not a Mancunian :lol:

XdanielredX

David De Gea: I want to stay at Manchester United and win titles with Jose Mourinho

DAVID DE GEA has revealed he wants to stay at Manchester United and work with Jose Mourinho.

De Gea came close to moving to Real Madrid last summer but the final paperwork was not submitted before the transfer window closed, scuppering the deal.

The Spain international then signed a new contract at Old Trafford, however he has continued to be linked with a move to the Bernabeu this summer.

However De Gea has now admitted he wants to stay at the club and win titles with Mourinho.

He told Spanish newspaper Marca: "Talk about Jose Mourinho and you're talking about a winner.

"Winning is United's, Jose's and my philosophy. We can make a great team and I welcome him.

"I've got three more years on my contract with United and the desire to win more titles here.

"When it comes to United, if you don't win everything, it's not good enough. This FA Cup is important for the club, it's important for the fans, and it's an important step towards winning major titles again."

Trizy

I swear to feck I never heard the word ''philosophy'' mentioned in or around football until that idiot took charge.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Certainly looking like De Gea will end up staying. First with Mourinho coming in and all the noise being along the lines of "no chance will we let him go". Now Marca saying Madrid are ending their interest in De Gea after Zidane convinced Perez that Navas is his goalkeeper and he doesn't want Dave. Last summer after the window ended I thought it was the type of thing where De Gea is giving us one more season and he would leave this summer, but at this point I'm very confident that he's staying now for the foreseeable future. Especially with us (hopefully) back on the right track and can realistically start competing for trophies again.

Distracted Steward

Is Iniesta Catalan? Villa and Pedro?
Isn't Villa Valencian? Catalan and Valecian culture have more in common than they do with Castilian/Leon culture. I've seen separatist graffiti in Catalan all the way down to Alicante, south of Valencia--not to mention the dual-language road signs and language courses required in the schools.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
De Gea now talking in radio
"United needed a coach like Mourinho, winner with personality and character, his signing is a success"
"I am very grateful with United and very happy there"

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

I know nothing about Madrid not wanting to sign me ; I am calm , I have three years at United, a club that has given me everything "

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So he does know? The double negative has me confused.
Yes , sorry, that part is difficult to translate.They ask him if he already knows that Madrid does not want to sign him(the article in Marca) and he replies that he knows nothing about it ..that is calm, blabla

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yes , sorry, that part is difficult to translate.They ask him if he already knows that Madrid does not want to sign him(the article in Marca) and he replies that he knows nothing about it ..that is calm, blabla
Ah its no problem, but I understand now.

Mancunia_Religion

Glad that De Gea's sounding like he wants to stay now. Last season his head was in the clouds and imo was rightfully benched. Didn't think he was as good as the last 2 seasons before this one though but still one of the few good players we have.

Last edited:

Woodzy

Hang on, I just saw a headline about it is a close call between De Gea and Casillas for Spanish #1.

Please tell me that clown is not still in contention?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Looks like he is happy to work with Mourinho, good to know.

I imagine he'll be off to Madrid in a couple of years. Can't see him signing another new contract and Zidane will most likely be sacked by then.
Changing your story Damo? ;)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I imagine he'll be off to Madrid in a couple of years. Can't see him signing another new contract and Zidane will most likely be sacked by then.
I think it depends how the next few years under Mourinho pans out. If we are succesfull and also compete for the CL then who knows, because he does seem pretty settled in Manchester.

Stacks

David De Gea: I want to stay at Manchester United and win titles with Jose Mourinho

DAVID DE GEA has revealed he wants to stay at Manchester United and work with Jose Mourinho.

De Gea came close to moving to Real Madrid last summer but the final paperwork was not submitted before the transfer window closed, scuppering the deal.

The Spain international then signed a new contract at Old Trafford, however he has continued to be linked with a move to the Bernabeu this summer.

However De Gea has now admitted he wants to stay at the club and win titles with Mourinho.

He told Spanish newspaper Marca: "Talk about Jose Mourinho and you're talking about a winner.

"Winning is United's, Jose's and my philosophy. We can make a great team and I welcome him.

"I've got three more years on my contract with United and the desire to win more titles here.

"When it comes to United, if you don't win everything, it's not good enough. This FA Cup is important for the club, it's important for the fans, and it's an important step towards winning major titles again."

Jose pretty much sealed the deal. get in Jose!

Bestie07

I think he is going to stay here for the foreseeable future as we may well have priced Madrid out of a move for him by handing him a very lucrative deal (~£200k/week according to reports at the time). Before Dave signed his new contract he was on ~£80k/week, so it would have still made sense in terms of career progression to sign the ~£150k/week contract that Madrid had offered him (and reject United’s offer) as he was still getting a considerable raise from his old United contract and getting to go play in his hometown. With the new contract, he’d probably need to take a sizeable wage cut to sign for Madrid as don’t think Madrid will be willing to pay such a high salary to a goalkeeper (on top of the gigantic transfer fee that United will demand now that the release clause is set to expire).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Madrid acting like they were going to do him a favour by signing him.

NK86

That is what my feeling is as well. I hope we give him another offer by the end of this season and make sure he signs it.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Best news is if he stays this summer, we have him for 2 years minimum as Madrid will then very likely then enter a transfer ban.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has three years left but the club have the option of extending it. It's practically four years. People already fearing we might lose him in three years. Ffs, can't you guys just be positive for once?

RedStarUnited

Say what you want about Jose's impending chaos, But he has done well so far to steady the ship.
  1. Got a striker (seemingly) sorted
  2. Sanctioned Carricks extension
  3. Got a CB in
  4. Got De Gea to commit nice and early = we don't have rumours all summer.
I am pretty sure by mid July the team will be fully assembled and good to go. No one values great starts to a season better than Jose.

worldinmotion66

I know nothing about Madrid not wanting to sign me ; I am calm , I have three years at United, a club that has given me everything "
I like this. Whether his true feelings or not, it's nice to see a World class player say this kind of thing.

I also believe what he says to be honest. Last summer he was very quiet and kept his council, very respectful to the club and fans by not getting involved in the drama and keeping his head down. This summer he has already affirmed his intentions to stay. Easily my favourite player at the club right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.