Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

One thing ive noticed about his kicking. When he receives a backpass, look at the positioning of our players. None of our defenders tend to move to space for him to lay it off. He ends up having to just put his foot through it rather than picking somebody out.

Anyway, without him, we would be fecked.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Love him to death but sick and tired of him saving our bacon.
Saw a stat that he's made the third most saves in the league this season.
Not surprised to be honest. We let every fecking team have a pop at our goal.

jackofalltrades

World class save by de Gea for that second one but he really shouldn't have been able to make it in the first place. Free header from close distance - should have been buried.

Ibi Dreams

In real time I thought the header had just hit him and bounced off. On the replay it showed he actually got a proper hand behind it. Fair enough it was close to him but that reaction time is sensational. It was basically point blank

Neilwij

We should do whatever it takes to keep this man he is without doubt the best keeper in the world.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I love how no one on our side really reacts to DDG making these saves anymore, the manager, players, medical staff just nod their heads and move on. Meanwhile, the opposition team have their hands on their head because they can't believe what he's done.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
In real time I thought the header had just hit him and bounced off. On the replay it showed he actually got a proper hand behind it. Fair enough it was close to him but that reaction time is sensational. It was basically point blank
Most of the keepers wouldn't react at all, or just try to pull their arm as the ball is passing them into the net. His reaction time is unbelievable, not sure anymore that he sees the ball in real time like other humans.

Acole9

Outstanding
It was an astonishing save, I actually thought the one he made a few moments before that was pretty good but was completely forgotten about.

We just need to pay him whatever he wants and give him a big fat contract. I remember there was a few on here a couple of years ago when it looked like he was going to Real Madrid and they were happy to sell him for £30 million because apparently we didn't need a top class goalkeeper as our defence is so good :houllier:. I said it at the time, if you've got a top/world class goalkeeper in your ranks, you need to keep them at all costs.

Hed Zitin

He's going to get another player of the year isn't he?

The attacking and defending is so poor, so you're left with the keeper. Again.

Last edited:

diplomat

He's going to get another player of the year isn't he?

The attacking and defending is so poor, so your left with the keeper. Again.
David is our best player by a mile, yet again. Most consistent and reliant every season for the past 4-5 years. He has single-handedly held us amongst the top 6 teams in the league.

I'm pretty certain we would be around Arsenal's level if we didn't have this guy in goal.

Canagel

The header he saved from Muriel was the exact same move Chelsea did with Morata The only difference is Morata went across goal. Incredible stop from point blank range.

ottosec

14 - David de Gea has conceded 19 Premier League goals this season, but based on Opta xG data for the shots on target he's faced, the average goalkeeper would have been expected to concede 33 goals. This is the biggest differential by a PL goalkeeper in 2017-18. Exceptional.

meamth

His best saves in the season so far:

I love how he dives and keep his eye on the ball. Then he will use his arms to push the ball away in safe areas. Godlike.

Web of Bissaka

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
One thing ive noticed about his kicking. When he receives a backpass, look at the positioning of our players. None of our defenders tend to move to space for him to lay it off. He ends up having to just put his foot through it rather than picking somebody out.

Anyway, without him, we would be fecked.
Off the ball movement of our team is the shittiest i have ever seen

AlwaysRed66

Reports are quoting he wants £350,000 a week to stay. I think the wage demands of players is getting out of hand, but I would make an exception regarding our best player, & should do all we can to keep him here.

van Nistelrooy

Give David whatever he wants, but I would expect him tied down for at least a 5/6 year contract.

A video of him wiping his arse with a Real Madrid shirt for our new YouTube channel should also be a clause in the contract.

AndyJ1985

Yes but if wants to maintain his status as arguably the best in the world he needs to be saving those.
He's human, he will inevitably make mistakes now and then. It's no reason to question how good he is

Kag

Yes but if wants to maintain his status as arguably the best in the world he needs to be saving those. I think the average premier league top 10 keeper would save that though.
Goalkeepers make mistakes. It happens.

Good teams score lots of goals and have more than one shot on target in one half. Luckily, we've scored from our shot today.

The pressure on both De Gea and our defence is wholly unreasonable to due to the pathetic approach to our attacking play. One mistake and the game is often done for.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Goalkeepers make mistakes. It happens.

Good teams score lots of goals and have more than one shot on target in one half. Luckily, we've scored from our shot today.

The pressure on both De Gea and our defence is wholly unreasonable to due to the pathetic approach to our attacking play. One mistake and the game is often done for.
It happens but mistakes as a goalkeeper count way more than missing a sitter as a striker. Yes it's a mistake and he will move on from it but just want to point out that he should have saved that.

shamans

He's human, he will inevitably make mistakes now and then. It's no reason to question how good he is
Who questioned his quality? Why does everyone get so defensive about De Gea on here? Feels like I have to put "I think he's the best in world" tag with every post I make about him (which I do think but he takes the blame for this goal)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It happens but mistakes as a goalkeeper count way more than missing a sitter as a striker. Yes it's a mistake and he will move on from it but just want to point out that he should have saved that.
I think “should have saved” that is a push. It was an absolute rocket from 8 yards away. He could have saved it and by his own standards, you’d expect him to save it but I wouldn’t put it down as an “individual error” sort of mistake.

shamans

I think “should have saved” that is a push. It was an absolute rocket from 8 yards away. He could have saved it and by his own standards, you’d expect him to save it but I wouldn’t put it down as an “individual error” sort of mistake.
It was a near post shot. It's not just by his standards he should have saved that but by standards of any top level GK. Obviously it wasn't and individual error since he didn't cause the counter but that was a mistake from him not to save it. You expect him to make those saves. He will know this too and will move one from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.