Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So when you say "plenty of options" you mean boot it out(he'd likely have to boot it out for a corner) or drop his shoulder and beat three players(how many times do you see a CB doing this?)

That alone should tell you something about the De Gea pass.
He didnt need to beat three players come on. See the replay and slow it down. The player who intercepted is actually bypassed by the original pass De Gea made. Maguire brought him back into the play by passing backwards

JB7

I am not blind but i am not going to waste any more time on this.

Maybe see this video and see what a proper footballer can do when he is pressed.

Maguire was slow as feck in not only receiving the pass but also cant turn to save his life. Managed to pass to the player which the ball had already passed by. I mean are we talking about 80m English international or some school boy central defender here? Maguire panicked and fecked up a simple pass. A lot of GK around the world play that kind of risky pass, but get away with it because their central defender can actually play football
Christ sake, there is a difference between a risky pass and a bad pass. Watch the pass to Maguire, he kicks the ball into the ground hence it is a slow bobbly ball out. This is not rocket science.

Sylar

Christ sake, there is a difference between a risky pass and a bad pass. Watch the pass to Maguire, he kicks the ball into the ground hence it is a slow bobbly ball out. This is not rocket science.
It bounces :lol: you have to admit that's pretty impressive to do

Marwood

He didnt need to beat three players come on. See the replay and slow it down. The player who intercepted is actually bypassed by the original pass De Gea made. Maguire brought him back into the play by passing backwards
Ok two players. If a CB has to evade two players because of a goalkeepers pass it can't be right can it?

How is this even debatable. CB's are CB's for a reason.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It was a crap pass from a crap keeper to a crap player that fecked up and gave the ball away in a series of not entirely unexpected events.

They are both shit and both of them need to see the exit door in the summer

humdinger

The really concerning thing is he doesn’t recover from the jitters and tends to go on a run of games where he makes howlers. And has previous for doing this at the tail end of the season, costing us vital points when trying to qualify for the champions league. I’ll never forgive him for basically repeatedly chucking the ball into his own net the season Ole joined and being the single biggest factor which cost us top 4.

C'est Moi Cantona

Ten Hag shouldn't be asking him to play passes like this when he clearly can't do it consistently, if you're going to play him then let him do what he is comforatable with, for what you gain to the risk involved it just seems unnecessary in my eyes.

Anyway I expect him to stay, but then quickly see his United career go the same way as Mctominay, Lindelof, and Maguire's has.

Oranges038

I dont see any issue in pass as well. Maguire stood to receive the pass. I cant believe he didnt see the space just right next to the player he passed to.

This goal just show how bad “ball playing CB” Maguire is. These kind of passed are played to other CB as well and they beat the press easily.

All Maguire had to do was to continue his movement and open his body slightly and let the ball slide forward. The player he passed to was in his eyesight so its not like he didnt know space wasn’t available.

Only mistake De Gea did here was to trust on Maguire’s ability as a footballer
The pass was slow, bobbly and played to his wrong side.

Maguire had to check his run to try and recover it.

Definition of a hospital pass.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The really concerning thing is he doesn’t recover from the jitters and tends to go on a run of games where he makes howlers. And has previous for doing this at the tail end of the season, costing us vital points when trying to qualify for the champions league. I’ll never forgive him for basically repeatedly chucking the ball into his own net the season Ole joined and being the single biggest factor which cost us top 4.
He's an absolute coward mentally. For a player that was so good at his peak he'd never have the stones to have a game like Courtouis did against Liverpool last May. His Spain performances were comical

van Nistelrooy

Did the pass prevent Maguire from turning and just running the ball out of defence like anyone with any sense would do? No.

JB7

Did the pass prevent Maguire from turning and just running the ball out of defence like anyone with any sense would do? No.
Well it certainly didn't help him but has literally anybody said Maguire isn't at fault in any way shape or form here?

Blood Mage

He's been a great servant to the club and it will be sad to see him go, but the time has arrived I think. Unless he's happy to be our backup keeper, but that's doubtful as there are plenty of good clubs he'd still start for.

Seij

He's been a great servant to the club and it will be sad to see him go, but the time has arrived I think. Unless he's happy to be our backup keeper, but that's doubtful as there are plenty of good clubs he'd still start for.
Nobody outside of United will pay him 150k/w (why would anyone in their right mind do that when Alisson is on 150k??), so he's staying. He reportedly turned down 200k/w so our moronic board will probably settle somewhere around 250-300k to renew his contract.

So, so sick of our incompetent board.

RVN1991

He's an absolute coward mentally. For a player that was so good at his peak he'd never have the stones to have a game like Courtouis did against Liverpool last May. His Spain performances were comical
I can remember quite a few throughout the years actually.

Nicolarra90

De Gea, the lack of an excellent/world class CM, and the lack of a manager in his prime are the main reasons why we've been so bad the last 10 years despite changing all personel multiple times.

Yes... even in his POTY seasons.

He has never had any of the qualities a title challenger team keeper must have.
He's world class as a defensive / reactive keeper and that's what teams that park the bus need.
Parking the bus might be good for some games, but unless you are prime Mourinho, you'll never challenge for anything important with that.

We got away with it the first years because of SAF, Carrick being in his prime and a wonder season from RVP, as soon as we lost those things we never came back.

He will still make his reactionary saves that have kept confusing people for years.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Maybe see this video and see what a proper footballer can do when he is pressed.

Maguire was slow as feck in not only receiving the pass but also cant turn to save his life. Managed to pass to the player which the ball had already passed by. I mean are we talking about 80m English international or some school boy central defender here? Maguire panicked and fecked up a simple pass. A lot of GK around the world play that kind of risky pass, but get away with it because their central defender can actually play football
There's a reason that particular clip is being bought up over and over and over again in these discussions. It's because Martinez (who actually had a lot more time and space when he received the ball than what Maguire did) did very well to get out of a dangerous position. It was a stand-out moment.

Ideally we'd have somebody who is good enough on the ball who would get out the situation that Maguire was in. There's not a single person saying he doesn't take some blame there. But De Gea put him in an extremely dangerous situation with a pass that was both poorly placed and poorly executed. It was a poor pass from De Gea whether Maguire manages to get himself out of that situation or not.

We conceded two almost identical goals earlier in the season when De Gea gave similar passes to Eriksen and Fred when they were being closed down by multiple players and couldn't play themselves out. There's been a few other times where we got lucky that the opposition didn't get the ball in the back of the net. How long do we put all the blame on the players losing the ball and not on the player giving them the ball in such a dangerous situation?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Pep, Klopp, Arteta all got rid of their Goal Keepers, even spent a fortune because of said GK's limitations. It's been proven that a modern Gk allow teams to play exactly how they want to play. Why ETH and United think they can do it differently?
Yesterday game would be a carrier ending game for many goal keepers but at United, they'd get rewarded for it with new contract. What is the goal here?
Yeah. DDG needs to learn a thing or two from Ramsdale about passing to CB.

Probably need to watch Alisson too in their big game against Madrid about his passing.

Last edited:

Pickle85

Yet you seem to be a fan of Martial. I guess we all see what we want to see.

Kag

This is what I’ve been waiting for. De Gea is a keeper of chaos. He revels in it. I’ve said all year that as soon as we start to become good then his issues will arise. They stick out under pressure. This is the start.

A new contract will be a monumental error of judgement.
Just quoting myself from earlier this year. A keeper of chaos. A few worldies in a sea of shit. That’s his comfort zone. It’s why his Player of the Year awards have repeatedly come at a time when the team has been woeful. Shots being peppered into his goal so that he can show off the genuinely brilliant shot-stopping that was once unmatchable.

But when we’re getting on, when we’re looking at going for more trophies, the calamity appears and sticks out to remind us of the reality that this guy is a bluffer, and a barrier to real success.

I mean, some of you are mental not to see this. Convincing yourselves that he wasn’t at fault for the goal the other night through still, out-of-context images of Harry Maguire (yes, he also needs firing out of a cannon) as if he and he alone was at fault for that first goal. Come off it for feck sake.

I’m not exaggerating when I say that the decision Ten Hag and the club makes on De Gea is the single most important decision on a player we’ll make post-Ferguson.

Get it wrong and Ten Hag has fecked it.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’m not exaggerating when I say that the decision Ten Hag and the club makes on De Gea is the single most important decision on a player we’ll make post-Ferguson.

It’s the ultimate litmus test. It’s clear the team will never become elite in the first possession phase with De Gea. Are we building a modern progressive team or are we still obsessed with the individual?

Oranges038

Just quoting myself from earlier this year. A keeper of chaos. A few worldies in a sea of shit. That’s his comfort zone. It’s why his Player of the Year awards have repeatedly come at a time when the team has been woeful. Shots being peppered into his goal so that he can show off the genuinely brilliant shot-stopping that was once unmatchable.

But when we’re getting on, when we’re looking at going for more trophies, the calamity appears and sticks out to remind us of the reality that this guy is a bluffer, and a barrier to real success.

I mean, some of you are mental not to see this. Convincing yourselves that he wasn’t at fault for the goal the other night through still, out-of-context images of Harry Maguire (yes, he also needs firing out of a cannon) as if he and he alone was at fault for that first goal. Come off it for feck sake.

Anyone who wants proof if this, just rewatch the Roma game from the EL a few years ago.

Bestietom

He is a brilliant shot stopper on his line. Howeer he makes everyone nervous when kicking out. I close my eyes when our backs pass back to him. We just have to get in a top goalkeeper next season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yeah. DDG needs to learn a thing or two from Ramsdale about passing to CB.

Probably need to watch Alisson too in their big game against Madrid about his passing.
Laughable post if you are being sarcastic about it.

RVN1991

All his great performances were in the English Premier League, he always crumble on big stages like World Cup, Champions leauge knock outs
2013 CL against Madrid? Remember him being fantastic in a KO tie against Sevilla as well a few years ago. Stop making up shite.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
2013 CL against Madrid? Remember him being fantastic in a KO tie against Sevilla as well a few years ago. Stop making up shite.
So like 1 good game justifies all the trash performances on those big stages :lol:

NLunited

We all know Maguire is way too confident in his own non-ability. De Gea should’ve known that passing to the man with the worlds worst first touch when marked by 3 rabid dogs, may have been a bad idea.
Totally agree. A gk should be in charge because he has better overview.

This mistake is similar to the one against Brentford where Eriksen asked for the ball. In both instances De Gea is at fault, no matter that the players asked to be passed to.

gajender

I remember De Gea knocking the ball into the net against Sevilla in CL knockout Tie at Old Trafford .

Paul fecking Scholes said he knows only one CB in the world that could deal with that ball consistently. It’s a horrible pass.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

Agree 100%

Blaming De Gea for not ignoring Maguire's request for ball is so wrong. Football is a team sport, players are supposed to COMMUNICATE, which means - trust your teammates and follow their cues. Especially when De Gea is now used to having defenders he can trust (like Martinez) we are blaming him for not ignoring Maguire? That "logic" is quite something.

It was certainly not a good game for De Ga, but the amount of blame he gets is insane. All goalkeepers make fatal mistakes in some games. De Gea certainly does, too. But over the years David has saved countless games for us. COUNTLESS. I can't remember last time you could say the same about Maguire. But I can give you counltess times when Maguire caused us to lose games. So there's that.

NLunited

Agree 100%

Blaming De Gea for not ignoring Maguire's request for ball is so wrong. Football is a team sport, players are supposed to COMMUNICATE, which means - trust your teammates and follow their cues. Especially when De Gea is now used to having defenders he can trust (like Martinez) we are blaming him for not ignoring Maguire? That "logic" is quite something.

It was certainly not a good game for De Ga, but the amount of blame he gets is insane. All goalkeepers make fatal mistakes in some games. De Gea certainly does, too. But over the years David has saved countless games for us. COUNTLESS. I can't remember last time you could say the same about Maguire. But I can give you counltess times when Maguire caused us to lose games. So there's that.
It’s Maguire, David has to factor that in. Slow on the turn, so you don’t pass to him with three players around him.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Agree 100%

DDG has been world class at times. No argument there.
But that's in the past. Now his errors are regular and almost predictable.
His era should be brought to an end as he's no longer a keeper of sufficient quality that a title challenging team should have

Maik2022

He was "unlucky" in all goals! This has happened countless times before with spanish players, against their countrys teams. Moreno at Liverpool, Adrian at Liverpool, Martinez at Bayern, Bernat at Bayern. Don't buy spanish players.

NLunited

Ten Hag shouldn't be asking him to play passes like this when he clearly can't do it consistently, if you're going to play him then let him do what he is comforatable with, for what you gain to the risk involved it just seems unnecessary in my eyes.

Anyway I expect him to stay, but then quickly see his United career go the same way as Mctominay, Lindelof, and Maguire's has.
Y’all are clamoring for a progressive passing gk. David can play through the lines, he does it every game.

Mistakes will happen: passing to Maguire in this situation was a mistake.

Ramsdale just fecked one up too against Southampton.

No need to overreact. We bypass the press frequently with a pass through the lines and it is worth some risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.