David Silva statue will be built at Etihad stadium

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Then Pep said unto his lord: "Go build a statue (of me), send it to Silva (as a farewell gift)"
which the Oil Juggernaut misunderstood as "Go build a statue, and it to Silva"

FizzyWomack

Good for them,I couldn’t give a toss who they have a statue of tbf. He’s undoubtedly made the difference in giving them a bit of success. So let them get on with it.

Hopefully it’s done by the same bloke who did that first one of Ronaldo.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This might get more laughs but instead of having a statue of Silva I think they should have one of Kompany, Silva and Aguero as a trio. They have defined this 'era' for City and have been the players that have been the core for it.
That's what I thought as well. Touré doesn't quite make the cut, but I think that at least Silva and Agüero should be on par, and while Kompany wasn't quite as influential on the pitch, he was their captain and one of the few successful players that were bought before the sheikhs came in.

Still, making a statue of a player that hadn't even retired yet?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There should be more statues.

Most football fans love a bit of nostalgia, sure the holy trinity statue should take pride of place but imagine a whole load of statues outside OT. Robson in action, Cantona popping his collar, Rooney overhead kick, Scholes flashing his junk. Dont tell me you wouldn't like to see those every game.

Also they are a great way to help people meet up; "let's meet at 2:30 by William Prunier".

RoyH1

A bit ridiculous to be honest.. You build statues of players long after they have retired, when the impact they had can be seen on a historical perspective.

Then again, they're such a plastic club that I'm surprised that they haven't copied from American sports and introduced a City Hall of Fame or Ring of Honour or something of the sort.

SATA

There should be more statues.

Most football fans love a bit of nostalgia, sure the holy trinity statue should take pride of place but imagine a whole load of statues outside OT. Robson in action, Cantona popping his collar, Rooney overhead kick, Scholes flashing his junk. Dont tell me you wouldn't like to see those every game.

Also they are a great way to help people meet up; "let's meet at 2:30 by William Prunier".
I don't know but do your lot have any statues outside Stamford Bridge? One for the big man JT?

chilax

Supports
Chelsea
Just one of Peter Osgood at the main entrance. I'd love more.
A statue of Drogba, Lampard, Terry and probably Cech , outside the bridge will actually be great. The Silva one is cringeworthy though, since:
1. He has not retired
2. He wasn't really that magical
3. He didnt win the European cup, and there was really no season where he was “absolute” best.

Schneckerl

Meh, it's alright. Birmingham retiring Belligham's number changed my perspective on stuff like that.

Champagne Football

The whole statue nonsense is probably to deflect attention away from the fact they were caught cheating and then some how wormed their way out of it.

Did David Silva really have a bigger career at City than Yaya Toure or Kompany?

Maybe a statue of Yaya holding his birthday cake with a big cheesy grin would have been more apt.

TsuWave

Still think Yaya Toure is their best midfielder ever and top 5 in the prem

RoyH1

The whole statue nonsense is probably to deflect attention away from the fact they were caught cheating and then some how wormed their way out of it.

Did David Silva really have a bigger career at City than Yaya Toure or Kompany?

Maybe a statue of Yaya holding his birthday cake with a big cheesy grin would have been more apt.
:lol:

SteveW

After Neymars jersey at the WC and Bellingham's number nothing surprises me. The worlds gone mad