Davide Petrucci

lysglimt

Scout
It's a bold statement to say that it's too late for an 18 year old.

I can not comprehend how you can dispute that, or why you're even bothering too.

So in your opinion its a bold statement to say that I THINK it's too late ... quite

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Stewart Gardner says he'll ask the relevant people about the guy at tonight's reserves game.

Name Changed

weso26
What kind of pelvic injury has he got? He's been injured for the main part of 18 months hasn't he? On and off anyway.

Untied

I know he is 18 but he has been out for almost 1.5 year - I am willing to claim that 9 out of 10 players who loses that much football at such an important time in his career - wont make it at a topclub like ours. Sad but true.
I don't know about your made up stat.

I just think that because of his injury struggles he will "burst" onto the stage at 20–21 rather than the usual 17–18.

datura

Les Kershaw:

'It was good to see Davide Petrucci back..says his body is feeling good..terrible problems in the groin area..he was very bright and felt he was coming to the right end of the tunnel'

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Great news on a day when it's needed.

I could watch that pass all day long.

SecondFig

Absolutely, that pass remains a thing of absolute beauty, both in its vision and execution

Really pleased for him, hope he's over his injury problems

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
davidstowelltv

Petrucci update: Davide's back in training @ Carrington in v good spirits. Looking forward to seeing him back in action when time's right
10 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by BenHibbs and 2 others

datura

It's good to finally hear some positive news and great for him personally. There can be nothing worse for a professional footballer to miss out on so much development time in their formative years.

puNANI

I hope he turns into one of the best players in the world so I can brag about him posting on my Facebook when he had one. But anyways, that's good news as he is clearly talented.

Viper KGB

United fans will be very happy to hear of the imminent return of David Petrucci. Along with Ravel Morrison, Paul Pogba and Magnus Eikram, Petrucci, 20, is seen as one of the club’s best prospects. Sidelined for almost a year with a knee ailment, Petrucci is expected to put in a full shift for the first time against Manchester City on November 23rd.

To refresh your memory, born and raised in the San Basilio suburb of Rome, Petrucci was nicked from the academy of A.S. Roma in 2008 after being scouted and recommended by United’s old centre-back Jaap Stam. After scoring 14 goals in 19 games for Roma’s youth side in 2007/08 and being a big part of the Italy Under-17 team, Petrucci decided not to sign a professional contract in Italy due to local age restrictions, and the unwillingness of Roma’s technical director Bruno Conti to work out some kind of retroactive financial deal that might have allowed him to stay in his home town. Conti made a big fuss out of the matter, but, ultimately, it was a case of Petrucci exercising his free will

“Roma offered me a contract at the minimum rate, without clarifying whether it would be for three or five years,” Petrucci said . “I asked for a bit of time to think about it, Man United had already made their proposal, but Roma only gave me three days and left me out of the squad. To a certain extent they closed the door on me while Man United opened a big door.”

davidepetrucci-232x300A superb ball-handler, Petrucci has been used by coach Paul McGuinness as a deep-lying midfielder, further up the pitch as a central attacking midfielder and, sometimes, in his favorite position as a second striker, playing off the shoulder of Federico Macheda or Fabian Brandy. Often compared to Francesco Totti, Petrucci is an exceptional play maker with a natural gift for consistently accurate long-distance shooting, Petrucci possesses excellent technique and is, in equal parts, a creator and a destroyer. A brilliant dish artist, particularly adept at the no-look pass, Petrucci is also a deadly practitioner of the Beckham-style ‘bent’ free kick. Comparisons with Totti notwithstanding, in his relaxed ability to hold the ball and control the pace and pulse of the game going on around him, I am reminded of Bobby Charlton(with speed).

Petrucci’s down side has been his slight build and an inability to tackle well. Well, my spy in Stalybridge informs that he’s grown a couple of inches and built his torso up enough to have become a rival of Nani in the weight room.

With Dmitar Berbatov promising to eternally remain capricious about his goal scoring and Paul Scholes clearly showing wear and tear when asked to perform more than once a week, the kid offers up a double-threat., both In his natural position–what the Italians refer to as a trequartista–or in a more traditional role replacing the Ginger Prince or Carrick. There is no doubt in my mind that he could be lethal coming in from behind Wayne Rooney or Kiko Macheda. Indeed, I have a feeling we may see him start for the first team sooner rather than later as prospects of picking up the quality midfield help we so desperately need in the January transfer window fade.

Manchester City’s other goalkeeper Shay Given has been complaining about his lack of gainful employment between the sticks. so let us all say a wee prayer for Davide and company to give the poor man a proper workout next Tuesday at Eastlands.

The Return of Davide Petrucci - - The Offside - Manchester United Football Blog
Good to have him back

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wow, strange to think he's 20 now. His injuries have really held him back at a time he was, considering his talent, expected to make a bit of a mark on the first team.

Hopefully he can kick on and start pushing for games in the first team later this season.

datura

I think it is more important for him to play out the season injury free then aspiring to be involved in the first team squad, then try and kick on in pre-season.

The reserves should be good to watch with King coming back, Petrucci, Morrison etc.

PS18

That article isn't massively encouraging when half the players mentioned have their names spelt wrong. Really want to know what a dish artist is as well :D

AVARiCE

I don't know if that's sarcasm or not datura, so apologies if this comes across as patronising.

When a player "returns to training" they usually mean they've begun an aspect of training they weren't doing beforehand. A good example is when a player begins doing ballwork after only managing gymwork previously. "Training Fully" means they're back doing a full session, inclusive of playing mini-games against the rest of the squad during training.

datura

I don't know if that's sarcasm or not datura, so apologies if this comes across as patronising.

When a player "returns to training" they usually mean they've begun an aspect of training they weren't doing beforehand. A good example is when a player begins doing ballwork after only managing gymwork previously. "Training Fully" means they're back doing a full session, inclusive of playing mini-games against the rest of the squad during training.
I don't really see your point. If Les Kershaw says he is training, then he is training, not doing rehab work in the gym.

The point I was making is that virtually no one outside the club knows what Petrucci is doing and whenever someone drops some info it normally gets posted in here by one person or another so asking every 2 weeks if there is any update starts to wear thin after a while.

As I've posted before, the worst thing for Petrucci would be to rush back into competitive action too soon and get injured again after such a long time out. People need to show some patience and hopefully we'll see him for the reserves again in the near future and his development hasn't been too adversely affected.

Name Changed

weso26
What's the difference between 'in training' and 'training fully'? All the info anyone knows gets posted here.
AVARiCE answered that perfectly.

As an example, I'm sure Owen Hargreaves is training know. It does not mean he is fully training. You can be doing weights in the gym, etc when you are recovering from an injury. It does not mean that you are back fully training and involved with the rest of the players. Do you see the difference?

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Yeah, there is a difference ***. You quite often hear managers referring to light training or ballwork as opposed to full training, and it's not just from FM. The definition is pretty simple too - if you're taking part in some training but not the full program then you're in light training! Also, players only in light training tend not to play in matches, they tend to wait until they are fully fit except in emergencies.