Day 1: Brazil vs. Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
A very competitive matchup to kick things off. Scolari probably wishes they had an easier start because I think Croatia can cause them a lot of problems although they will miss Mandzukic.

I'm guessing a draw

Jaytay

3-1 to Brazil, expect Neymar to have a huge influence just as he did in the Confederations cup.

nooshka

Just got Croatia at 14/1 with a free £5 bet from Bet365, but have also got two £10 bets on Brazil to win the whole thing. :confused:

Sibly

2-0.

I don't think this will be the walk over everyone expects, but the host nation has never lost their opening World Cup game and that stat won't change tonight. Croatia have a brilliant midfield but lack quality in other areas, particularly up front with Mandzukic suspended. They'll probably go with Jelavic or even Eduardo up front, I don't rate either of them as being able to cause the Brazilian defence much trouble.

Should be a cracking game. I'm so excited for this World Cup after the complete letdown of 2010.

MarcRed96

So excited for this. Game kicks off at 9pm, right? When does the coverage begin on whatever channel is showing the game?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Are you a proffessional gambler? I am not but I know this much, you bet when the bookie is wrong, thats the edge. Out of 12 games croatia would win at least 1 probably. That is how gambling works.
bookies love people who bet on football, its easy money for the bookies

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I seem to remember a lot of player reactions to the Jabulani ahead of it's use in the South African World Cup and how much it behaved like a beach ball when struck. Haven't come across much regarding the Brazuca that boasts being the most tested ball by adidas, ever, has anyone else?

LetMeRollIt

I seem to remember a lot of player reactions to the Jabulani ahead of it's use in the South African World Cup and how much it behaved like a beach ball when struck. Haven't come across much regarding the Brazuca that boasts being the most tested ball by adidas, ever, has anyone else?

Heard it's supposed to be stable, so not so much knucklers perhaps.

DaryllK7

Midfield 3 of Rakitic, Modric and Kovavic is probably the 2nd or 3rd strongest in the whole competition - big threat and stronger than Brazils for sure, obviously Mandzukic misses this game but when he comes back in they'll be hard to stop and would be my darkhorses to make the last 8.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think anything but a Brazil win tonight is wishful thinking. Brazil are very strong at home, as they proved last year.

2-0 Brazil at least tonight. They will thrive under the pressure IMO.

Maxii

Paad

They made the grooves where the stitches are deeper so the ball is more aerodynamic. Will the reduce the crazy swerve that was a problem with previous balls.

JefferiesTube

Who will play midfield for Brazil? Will both teams choose a cautious line up for first game or both attack and go for it and entertain the crowd?

NoPace

I went with Croatia to lead at halftime at 11.8-1

I think that`s more likely then them holding off Brazil for 90. That said, this Brazil team seem to always score first.

Gianni

Midfield 3 of Rakitic, Modric and Kovavic is probably the 2nd or 3rd strongest in the whole competition - big threat and stronger than Brazils for sure, obviously Mandzukic misses this game but when he comes back in they'll be hard to stop and would be my darkhorses to make the last 8.
2nd or 3rd best midfield in the competition? Don't think so, sorry...

Mali_Zeus

Already buzzing. If we somehow win tomorrow at work should be interesting. Sun glasses and a black, black coffee to get me somehow working.

Mali_Zeus

Who is better?

You have Germany, France, Brazil, Italy and Spain.

Rakitic and Modric (this past season) have been as good as any CM's from those national teams.
Brasil's midfield isnt better. On paper certainly not.

Spain and Germany midfield is better and Italy is 50/50 with us I think.

And we're better than France's midfield, that's my opinion anyway.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I wish that the games were all shown on BBC and ITV and you could choose. It's a tricky situation anyway. I can't stand Lawrenson or Shearer but i enjoy the foreign pundits BBC get. I can't stand Chiles but i like Dixon and Keane on ITV.

Lyricist

Agreed, I see only Spain, Germany, and Italy having an equal or perhaps better CM. Spain's is better, Germany's possibly better, Italy about even. I think Brazil's CM is worse than Croatia's. Gustavo is too limited offensively.

edit:

France's looks pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.