Day 1: Qatar vs Ecuador - Match Discussion Only Please.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Some people here have no idea just how genuinely hospitable and friendly Arabs generally are.

krazyrobus

Well instead of saying:
''This game is shit'' - like many others are saying, then it's a fair comment.
That makes no sense. The people saying it is shit are actually interested in the game and therefore commenting on the thread. You came into a thread of a match you have no interest in to make a comment about being not interested, how are you even making that comparrison.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It's not islamophobic but lumping different countries together is a bit suspect.
Pfft I give up OK. I will accept i am a sinister person of evil intentions and keep my awful thoughts to myself. Hope everyone can recover enough to enjoy the game, which is pretty terrible.

Chief123

How is joking about beheading Islamophobic, on a serious note? I wasn't even thinking about Islam when I said that. I know they still have this penalty in Saudi Arabia...

Oh well, another day another offended person.
IKEA originates from Sweden. I’ve also heard fridges can be purchased in France. It’s not the same as a Cuban cigar though.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I can only imagine it's because the cafe is smothered in non match going fans who don't understand the very obvious risk with being around opposition fans.
That’s not what happens in this part of the world but keep showing your ignorance that how dangerous that is just like in Europe. It might shock you how much civilised the crowd is but No keep the scaremongering going without any knowledge. The irony of not knowing something yet commenting is brilliant.

redshaw

Been impressed with some of Qatar's long range passing if nothing else.

Red00012

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m looking forward to Ireland v Malta

Biggins

That was some amazing speed on that PR recovery.
Really just travel to Middle East. You will be shocked how warm and friendly Arabic people are. In my opinion, “westerners” could learn a lot in certain areas from these “terrible” countries.

The clip maybe staged but such behaviour from Middle Eastern residents is not uncommon.

Some people in this thread do not see difference between Saudi and Qatar… it’s like saying that North Korea is essentially the same as Japan.

Reactions: 2cents

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
That makes no sense. The people saying it is shit are actually interested in the game and therefore commenting on the thread. You came into a thread of a match you have no interest in to make a comment about being not interested, how are you even making that comparrison.
I agree - then:

''This game is/was shit''.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That’s not what happens in this part of the world but keep showing your ignorance that how dangerous that is just like in Europe. It might shock you how much civilised the crowd is but No keep the scaremongering going.
Anywhere you have opposition fans close together and one taunting the other you have the potential for trouble. You've just seen the guy ranting at him. Wouldn't exactly be a stretch to see that increase to violence.
It's the same in any football stadium.

Revaulx

Jokes about saws, stoning, beheading, assassination, etc. No point quoting and reporting them, nothing will be done. Top banter though.
So are the mods all “Islamophobes” as well?

That’s a bold claim.

For the avoidance of doubt, I agree that some of the cultural stereotyping has been pretty unpleasant.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I hope you've enjoyed your time on the site.
Called it earlier they wouldn't even acknowledge its an issue and predictably thinking its just banter.

Telsim

Struggling to think of a worst opening game to a World Cup. Qatar looked like a Sunday league team.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really just travel to Middle East. You will be shocked how warm and friendly Arabic people are. In my opinion, “westerners” could learn a lot in certain areas from these “terrible” countries.

The clip maybe staged but such behaviour from Middle Eastern residents is not uncommon.

Some people in this thread do not see difference between Saudi and Qatar… it’s like saying that North Korea is essentially the same as Japan.
Not just ME most Eastern countries I have been to have been lovely. They especially treat tourists esp westerners like royalty.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Aaaah, so glad that match ended.
One of the worse ever World Cup games imho.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The Lionesses would give that Qatar team a game. Absolute joke to give a world cup to a small nation like this who clearly don't care about footy at all judging by their plastic fans leaving at HT and soon after.

kaku06

Vulgarian

Thank you. Try telling some people that because they all think every country has bare chested ultras who would beat the foreign fans black and blue.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Called it earlier they wouldn't even acknowledge its an issue and predictably thinking its just banter.
If the MODS aren't on a break, I think a couple will have made their last redcafe posts.

Red Star One

Jokes about saws, stoning, beheading, assassination, etc. No point quoting and reporting them, nothing will be done. Top banter though.
Is it OK to joke about corporal punishments used in Qatar though, or you prefer if we skip this topic for your comfort?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Qatar look badly, badly out of their depth.
Qatar are quite strong, they’ve been building a solid team with the Aspire Academy which produced 15 of their players for this tournament. They’ve also nationalized a few foreigners and they have a very good Spanish coach. They won’t be pushovers so before your absolute shock that they win a game or two and start screaming corruption just know they are actually decent.

Very poor second half, Ecuador comfortable so didn't put in much effort. Qatar will not score a goal at this tournament. Way out of their depth