Day 1: Qatar vs Ecuador - Match Discussion Only Please.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think those Ecuadorian values their lives more than a bribe. They may not have much but they have pride and football is their religion. There's no way they're throwing a game.
Agreed , I actually think that the accusations around the game will actually make them play "harder" in an effort to prove that it's not true.

On the final day of the Argentine season , my club (Racing) lost at home to River when a win would have secured the title over Boca (Rivers historical enemy) as they lost at home to Independiente (Racings historical rival).

After the match the River manager said the talk around the game (how they would lose on purpose to hand Racing the title etc) was an inspiration for them to give it their all in response to the aspersions cast on their character.

I can't actually talk about that day yet because it's still an open wound but I wouldn't be surprised to see an inspired performance from Ecuador tonight.

Dazzmondo

I don't believe the bribe story. Could have guaranteed someone would come up with some bribery stories about Qatar regardless. Qatar have a couple good players, particularly Almoez Ali, and I don't think this Ecuador side looks particularly great on paper besides a couple like Caicedo and Estupinan. Considering how much more time Qatar have had to prepare for this tournament I fancy a 2-1 win for them (no match fixing needed).

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Agreed , I actually think that the accusations around the game will actually make them play "harder" in an effort to prove that it's not true.

On the final day of the Argentine season , my club (Racing) lost at home to River when a win would have secured the title over Boca (Rivers historical enemy) as they lost at home to Independiente (Racings historical rival).

After the match the River manager said the talk around the game (how they would lose on purpose to hand Racing the title etc) was an inspiration for them to give it their all in response to the aspersions cast on their character.

I can't actually talk about that day yet because it's still an open wound but I wouldn't be surprised to see an inspired performance from Ecuador tonight.
Some people don't feck around where football is concerned. They respect the game and give it their all.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Ecuador will smash them

It's a shame Gonzalo Plata lost his way these last few years. Piss-easy group offers a great chance to get himself back on track and maybe get Ecuador further than ever.

Darkhorsez

Seriously impressed by Alex Scott and Shearer. Perhaps it is the first time I heard their views but so spot on.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Seriously impressed by Alex Scott and Shearer. Perhaps it is the first time I heard their views but so spot on.
I have to watch Alexi Lalas who for some reason thinks he knows everything.

Ramos

Qatar XI: Al Sheeb; Al-Rawi, Khoukhi, Hassan; Pedro Miguel, Hatem, Boudiaf, Al Haydos, Homam Ahmed; Almoez Ali, Akram Afif.

Ecuador XI: Galíndez; Preciado, Torres, Hincapié, Estupiñán; Ibarra, Méndez, Moisés Caicedo, Plata; Enner Valencia, Estrada.

prateik

At United or for Portugal? The former is not controversial at all.
Neither.. was to start/bench/drop Messi, Kane and Ronaldo.. it was set up for him to drop Ronaldo..
What channel is that on?
Coverage here in India.. Jio is streaming at for free in 4k ..Owned by Ambani. same guy who was linked to the Liverpool purchase (probably not happening)

Fully Fledged

Neither.. was to start/bench/drop Messi, Kane and Ronaldo.. it was set up for him to drop Ronaldo..

Coverage here in India.. Jio is streaming at for free in 4k ..Owned by Ambani. same guy who was linked to the Liverpool purchase (probably not happening)
Okay cool.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Alex Scott rightly pointing out that Infantino earns a ruck so can not really understand migrant workers issues.

But getting paid a lot to talk average punditry (and only picked by BBC after a campaign to change the makeup of sports presenters) while making sure you have a Burberry outfit/suit carrier sort of takes the age of the sermon a bit.

Wish BBC had shown the WC but from here.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Mother in law just asked me: "Is that the cup in the middle of the pitch?"

A: "Yes"

MiL: "It's pretty huge, isn't it?"

:houllier:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'm calling it. 1-0 to Qatar. You can quote me.