Day 10: Switzerland vs Turkey | Italy vs Wales

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Moore on for Morrell is a bit odd, not exactly an out ball and completely unloading the midfield v world class one. Ramsey never been good at just sitting in disciplined midfield role.

When you need to avoid heavy defeat now to finish 2nd dosen't seem the most logical sub.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That's red. I've seen yellows given for that, but what I didn't like about it is that he actually went for him as opposed to it being an accident by overstretching. He also deserves to go for being fecking stupid. The last thing Wales needs is a sending off and he does that.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
So stupid to go that high in any challenge. Could easily break an ankle. Sucks but it's definitely close to a red, if not properly a red.

Interesting how much better the VAR is used at this tournament. And by that I mean 'clear and obvious error' being the benchmark, not 'we've watched in slow motion from 8 angles and therefore I'm refereeing by video and overturning you which is the EPL's approach.

Deery

Dreary
Isn’t that the rule that if it’s a penalty it’s a yellow as you can’t be punished twice unless it’s deliberate?
No idea mate, but would make sense as to why he never got a sending off.

MU655

If it was for the pen there was anywhere near the same force involved. That wasn't a dangerous challenge.
It was for the pen wasnt it, on Moreno. But it was a step on the foot. He gave a yellow
I was sure on the VAR, the Spanish player's ankle was bet backwards from the step.

Moreno wasn't standing straight though. I don't think.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
With reds like that both point of contact and amount of force are factors. Which means it's very subjective. You could have almost identical fouls be judged differently based on a little bit more/less force in the opinion of the ref.

Thought it was a bit harsh but a red isn't a wrong decision.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's one of those that's right on the edge between yellow and red. Of course different refs will judge it differently

Nick7

It's one of those that's right on the edge between yellow and red. Of course different refs will judge it differently
Exactly yeah. I know I wouldn’t want to be the one making that decision haha

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Little fat b***er been good this game.:lol: Probably think it's time for a move to Barcelona's bench.

Fully Fledged

It was for the pen wasnt it, on Moreno. But it was a step on the foot. He gave a yellow
That's the difference. Like the one today the challenges are borderline yellow/red. Which ever the ref gives will not be a clear and obvious mistake, so should stay with the ref's decision.
I Haven't read back to see which side of the argument you are on so I'm not saying that you are saying one thing or another just using your post to highlight why one was a yellow and the other a red and VAR shouldn't interfere with either.