Day 11: England vs Panama, Japan vs Senegal and Poland vs Colombia

el3mel

The Egyptian ref Gehad Grisha is going to ref England game. Should be an easy game so hopefully he doesn't destroy it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
England should be comfortable if they get an early goal. 3-0.

Can't wait for the other two games. My favourite group at this world cup although the expected walk over groups haven't really occured.

Anyway Senegal and Colombia to win.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Right decision to play two proper strikers up front. Come on England. I see at least three goals for us, maybe more!

alsabi

England need more clinical finishing than we saw vs Tunisia

The White Pele

Would be a real breath of fresh air if England came out and put the game to bed in the first half.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Hopefully a win for England but I can see us making it difficult for ourselves. Panama are not to be underestimated.

England 1 - 0 Panama
Japan 2 - 1 Senegal
Poland 0 -0 Columbia

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
England also need a couple of goals or they will need to beat Belgium to top the group.
They need to win 6-0 tomorrow to not have to beat Belgium to top the group. It doesn’t really matter if you top the group or not, it’s actually likely that Senegal or Japan will win group H which might be an easier opponent than Colombia or Poland who can come second and if Germany finish second they will likely play Brazil and the winner of Group H plays the winner of that in the QFs. It’s not CL where it’s preferable to win the group because you get home advantage and all. You might win the group and have a much tougher path to the final.

As England can win me over €2,000 tomorrow I am obviously hopeful that they do win 6-0 though.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
RLC getting a fair bit of hype in the media. I really hope he shows what I think he is capable of.
When he came on, England suddenly had a cutting edge. I hope he starts, he was a breath of fresh air last time.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
They need to win 6-0 tomorrow to not have to beat Belgium to top the group. It doesn’t really matter if you top the group or not, it’s actually likely that Senegal or Japan will win group H which might be an easier opponent than Colombia or Poland who can come second and if Germany finish second they will likely play Brazil and the winner of Group H plays the winner of that in the QFs. It’s not CL where it’s preferable to win the group because you get home advantage and all. You might win the group and have a much tougher path to the final.

As England can win me over €2,000 tomorrow I am obviously hopeful that they do win 6-0 though.
What If Brazil don't top the group?

Doesn't that mean a possible England QF?

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
What If Brazil don't top the group?

Doesn't that mean a possible England QF?
Means whoever finishes 2nd in our group avoids a big nation until at least the Semi.

Could make for an interesting last game considering we'd know the results of the other group.

K2K

Means whoever finishes 2nd in our group avoids a big nation until at least the Semi.

Could make for an interesting last game considering we'd know the results of the other group.
I don't think so.

If neither England or Brazil win their groups, I think they meet in the QF.

And either way..remember England lost to Iceland at the last Euros. They should focus a game at a time and not think too far .

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Brazil would know the results of Group E before their match so could it be possible that they purposely try to finish second to avoid Germany in the last 16:D

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm a fan of Group H. A lot of entertaining matches in that group, and that's no exemption for tomorrow. Poland - Colombia should be a cracker. Both teams need a win.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
England will come 2nd. Possible opponents until SF: Japan, Senegal, Colombia, Mexico, Switzerland

Some giant killers in there, but the first time in years that SF looks like a real possibility for England and would be a huge success. Japan and Senegal are rather weak I believe, Colombia is a wild card and unlikely to process to the KO stages. Mexico and Switzerland are sure bets and both have the tools to hurt England on the counter.

Neo_Mufc

England should win. Panama have no reason to sit back and defend they know they have to win.

If England get the first goal, Panama will have to go for it.

I expect England's finishing to improve and I think we will probably get 2-3 goals.

I think 3-0 Kane FGS sounds good.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I think England will find it as challenging as Belgium to break the deadlock against Panama. Granted, Belgium weren't on their best behaviour in that game and a tad sloppy - but I think the way Panama played will annoy England.

England 2-0 Panama
Japan 1-2 Senegal
Poland 1-1 Colombia

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
England will come 2nd. Possible opponents until SF: Japan, Senegal, Colombia, Mexico, Switzerland

Some giant killers in there, but the first time in years that SF looks like a real possibility for England and would be a huge success. Japan and Senegal are rather weak I believe, Colombia is a wild card and unlikely to process to the KO stages. Mexico and Switzerland are sure bets and both have the tools to hurt England on the counter.
Yes it would be really "stupid" to win Group G :lol:

Long way to go but if we have no "freak results" on Matchday 3 then

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
We're counting our chickens a little too early here.

A little complacency and Panama could beat us tomorrow, these kinds of things have been happening a lot in this WC. We're then left needing to beat Belgium in the last game.

Neo_Mufc

We're counting our chickens a little too early here.

A little complacency and Panama could beat us tomorrow, these kinds of things have been happening a lot in this WC. We're then left needing to beat Belgium in the last game.
Won't happen. The game will be a lot more open and England should have enough.

It will go tits up if England don't start off well and set the pace of the game like they did against Tunisia.

K2K

Yes it would be really "stupid" to win Group G :lol:

Long way to go but if we have no "freak results" on Matchday 3 then

I honestly hope this is not the mindset of that English dressing room.

Again. Take it a game at a time and respect all the teams you could possibly face. Let's be honest..England can lose to any of those teams in the 'easy' teams.

I say this as someone that actually wants them to do well.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The contrast between the paths for finishing 1st and 2nd could be an absolute joke if things go as expected.

Belgium and England constantly scoring own goals to finish second :lol:

T_Model101

30 degree heat expected for the Panama game, could well be quite a lethargic performance

Classical Mechanic

RLC getting a fair bit of hype in the media. I really hope he shows what I think he is capable of.
When he came on, England suddenly had a cutting edge. I hope he starts, he was a breath of fresh air last time.
His career has only been brief cameos so far. He needs to show a high level for a full game. Hope it happens today.

30 degree heat expected for the Panama game, could well be quite a lethargic performance
It will suit them much more than us for sure.