Day 11: England vs Panama, Japan vs Senegal and Poland vs Colombia

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Why do everyone think that Japan vs Poland is a formality win for Japan? Historically, teams who have nothing to play for anymore are more inclined to spoil a party with no pressure and all. Before the WC started, I'm sure everyone would have Poland ahead of Japan. I won't even be surprised if Japan "bottles" it and Colombia and Senegal both advance.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why do everyone think that Japan vs Poland is a formality win for Japan? Historically, teams who have nothing to play for anymore are more inclined to spoil a party with no pressure and all. Before the WC started, I'm sure everyone would have Poland ahead of Japan. I won't even be surprised if Japan "bottles" it and Colombia and Senegal both advance.
Russia Wales and ROI Italy from last euros disproves that theory a fair bit.

Not saying Japan will beat Poland but they only need a draw.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Japan just need to ensure they don't lose by a big a margin as Senegal. I think they'll make it. All they need to do is keep lewy out of the game as the others have fone.

dbs235

I'm sure there were quite a few on here saying Poland will win the group and beat England in the last 16?...

Basso

No leader in defense after Kamil Glik got injured in early June while attempting a bicycle kick in training

Red Star One

we are fecking shit, we are feeeeeecking shiiiit

embarrassing. best generation in 20 years and still disgustingly bad at all fields. Technically awful, physically weak, tactically appalling. Not many positives, but at the end of the day fecking Krychowiak, the worst player in the worst English side this year, is our key player and Lewy this season bottled it hard - four significant matches this year (Real x2, Senegal, Colombia) to prove he's world class and has a winner mentality, and he was missing out and fecking up in all of them.

painful, time to keep hopes in our younger generation since there's quite a few under 23 lads who are already doing quite well, and in some miracle turning Zieliński, who I still believe is a very talented player, into a proper footballer.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I am sorry for Senegal, but this Colombia side is going through. They were just unlucky in the first game due to that red card.

I see the hype is going strong for England again :D

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Because we are absolutely abysmal.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
we are fecking shit, we are feeeeeecking shiiiit

embarrassing. best generation in 20 years and still disgustingly bad at all fields. Technically awful, physically weak, tactically appalling. Not many positives, but at the end of the day fecking Krychowiak, the worst player in the worst English side this year, is our key player and Lewy this season bottled it hard - four significant matches this year (Real x2, Senegal, Colombia) to prove he's world class and has a winner mentality, and he was missing out and fecking up in all of them.

painful, time to keep hopes in our younger generation since there's quite a few under 23 lads who are already doing quite well, and in some miracle turning Zieliński, who I still believe is a very talented player, into a proper footballer.
Surely this Poland side is being badly coached as well...?

They have no game plan, no intensity, no guile as a unit - I dunno the manager's name, but surely he's off after this?

Kopral Jono

Poland were so abysmal tonight they made Colombia looked like absolute world-beaters. Japan in their win against them, though against ten men for much of it, controlled the tempo of the game really well which as a result stifled much of Colombia's advances and created a few decent chances themselves before scoring the winner.

Colombia will beat Senegal but if I were an England fan (which I sort of am this World Cup), I'd be reasonably positive of England's chances of going through to the quarters if they meet Colombia in the next round.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I like Senegal and want them to do well but for the good of the tournament I’d prefer Colombia to go through. It’s a shame as ideally I’d like to see all three from that group to progress.

Kopral Jono

I like Senegal and want them to do well but for the good of the tournament I’d prefer Colombia to go through. It’s a shame as ideally I’d like to see all three from that group to progress.
Japan and Senegal are possibly the two nicest teams in the tournament. That earlier game between those two was played in such great spirit it's refreshing to see that, for once, gamesmanship takes a backseat for a bit. It'd be a shame to see either of them go.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Poland are absolutely woeful. Worst team in the tournament for me given their relative talent.

Never ever mention Lewaondowski as a top striker. Biggest choker and fraud if I've ever seen one.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Poland were so abysmal tonight they made Colombia looked like absolute world-beaters. Japan in their win against them, though against ten men for much of it, controlled the tempo of the game really well which as a result stifled much of Colombia's advances and created a few decent chances themselves before scoring the winner.

Colombia will beat Senegal but if I were an England fan (which I sort of am this World Cup), I'd be reasonably positive of England's chances of going through to the quarters if they meet Colombia in the next round.
James wasn't playing in the first match and, as you mentioned, they were down to 10 men early. The Columbia team that played yesterday was no way the same as that which lost to Japan, James had a massive impact as the playmaker in the team.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
And now that Falcao got a goal his confidence should be really good going into the next game.
Should be a win for Colombia if they play smart.

Rajma

Well that settles it for Senegal, should have held on to their lead against Japan. Simply can’t see them not losing against Columbia.

SqueakyWeasel

Danny Murphy was having an orgasm over Harry Kane's first penalty for 5 minutes. He also made some strange noises and mumbled 'pressure' and 'Kane' over and over for his 2nd penalty.

I was watching with 2 Brazil supporters and they kept on commenting on how annoying Danny Murphy was.
I wasn't commenting on how good he is at commentating I was replying to your comment that he only gave Lingered credit for the way he played after he'd scored.