Day 11: England vs Panama, Japan vs Senegal and Poland vs Colombia

el3mel

I know he is a legend ;) Egyptian Buffon
Actually without exaggerating if I made a list of best 25 GKs or so I have seen in my life I would probably throw him around. He was that good.

I remember Drogba saying he was the best opponent he had faced, despite all the great GKs he played against in England. Killed Droga's hopes of winning an international competition twice.

AshRK

That's a shite post. Sweden did better than most to be at this World Cup.
Just because you dont agree doesnt make it shit. Sweden did not even try to play football in the second half so dont know what you are smoking by saying they were better than many.

Eila

Like this result. Want both of them to make it out of their group.

AshRK

Sweden didn't try to frustrate, they were horrible moving the ball up the pitch and got forced back. This happens all the time, where poor counter attacking is viewed as negative tactics.

Mexico apply the same tactics as Sweden but are much better at moving the ball up the pitch due to Lozano and Chicharito.
They were pretty poor in second half, last 10 odd minutes they were playing against a 10 man side and yet showed no ambition. First half yes they were good but second half they just defended and played for a draw which was stupid.

Eila

Interesting from Colombia, starting both Quintero and James. Will james put on a shift on the left or what? I can't imagine Quintero trying to outpace the full back there.

Bobski

I wonder if Zabaleta and Drogba could be tempted to off Phil somehow and leave him in a field in Russia?

Loublaze

ATLien
Whats up with african goalkeepers? I can't remember any decent gk from any african team? Maybe kameni but he is not also some extra class
Africa's best goalies today are their best kept secrets as several of them don't play in Europe. Vincent Enyeama is decent but not great and is at the end of his career. Cameroon has produced three legendary keepers in the past. Thomas Nkono is a legend who was considered one of the best goalkeepers in the world when he played for Espanyol. Buffon once said in an interview he decided to become a goalie after watching him at Italia 90. Jacques Songo’o of Cameroon was Deportivo's first choice when they won their first La Liga title in 97 and was voted best keeper of the season (the Zamora award). Joseph Antoine Belle also of Cameroon played in three world cups and won the Africa cup twice.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They are amazing but many of them have this nasty tendency of using plastic surgery
Yeah, and very early too. But it's still ridiculous. Been to Brazil once and my brain couldn't take it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
They were pretty poor in second half, last 10 odd minutes they were playing against a 10 man side and yet showed no ambition. First half yes they were good but second half they just defended and played for a draw which was stupid.
Did you not watch their no.9 stop running after 60 minutes? Sweden didn't play for a draw, they were simply too tired to keep going.

Just before Germany scored their 2nd goal, Sweden did a counter attack committing 3-4 men and Guidetti made a weak shot at Neuer.

The intention was there, but the physical and technical quality was not.

Hamzah

Actually without exaggerating if I made a list of best 25 GKs or so I have seen in my life I would probably throw him around. He was that good.

I remember Drogba saying he was the best opponent he had faced, despite all the great GKs he played against in England. Killed Droga's hopes of winning an international competition twice.
He was a beast in his prime. I think he didn’t really realize his potential by not exploring playing so much in Europe. I think he had a spell in the Swiss league and there where some issues with his previous club AlAlhli and I believe he became home sick or something and went back to Egypt. Absolutely love the guy and I honestly believe his up there with the best & I’m not Egyptian.

el3mel

He was a beast in his prime. I think he didn’t really realize his potential by not exploring playing so much in Europe. I think he had a spell in the Swiss league and there where some issues with his previous club AlAlhli and I believe he became home sick or something and went back to Egypt. Absolutely love the guy and I honestly believe his up there with the best & I’m not Egyptian.
Yeah everything you said is true.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Whats up with african goalkeepers? I can't remember any decent gk from any african team? Maybe kameni but he is not also some extra class
Best one of recent times I've seen was Eneyema, the Nigerian keeper. He had a good career in europe.

Alexit

Genuinely don't care who wins this match, I just want Japan to be one of the teams that come out of this group.

If I HAD to pick, I'd probably go Colombia.

Phil

ITV just spent half an hour talking about England in their build up to POLCOL

AKDevil

I've seen a few posts in the transfer forum and United forum saying this guy is what United need. Not quite sure of his overall style but he's top class apparently, and would cost a ton of cash.
I miss those days we had some defensive certainty. A partnership would be ideal but right now I’d just take one player who’s fit every week, an absolute rock and who can be trusted by manager, teammates and fans. He looks like he could fit the (my) bill.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Colombia with a much more creative team.Hopefully Poland can win today.In the first match they were really bad