Day 12: Croatia vs Scotland | Czech Republic vs England

RedDevilRoshi

All to play for now. Massive goal by McGregor just before half time. Was fearing the worst when Croatia made it 1-0 and were toying with us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good game. Decent half of football from England.
Yeah played well. Tournament football is all about momentum. A good second half with more goals and I'd be confident going against whoever we get in the last 16.

AndersB

Someone needs to make a GIF of Sterling's face before the ball hits the post

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Still do not need Phillips and Rice. A more attacking player such as Bellingham should be playing
You will need them when up against France or Germany so may as well establish the structure of the side

I couldn’t give a toss if England win or lose, but some of you are overly harsh on Southgate. He is doing a reasonable job and above average compared to most England managers

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Love Harry Kane being the face of a Hugo Boss advertisement there. His PR/agent pulled a masterclass there

RooneyLegend

I think Southgate wants to give Phillips and Rice a chance to build some chemistry in the early rounds.

When it gets to the likes of France or Germany, those two will be our first choice out of necessity. It's better they get to know each other in the group games.
You lose absolutely nothing by playing Bellingham instead of one of those two.

Schneiderman

Yeah forget the left wing, let's just keep Mount dropped for Grealish. Him and Shaw running the show.

Might have to switch to the Scotland game at some point, that could get wild if they’re still level with 20 minutes left.

Dante

Average bang
But they don’t need to be. In games like this you can get away with one of them and two of Foden, Grealish and Mount but in later rounds against top teams you can play Bellingham or Henderson alongside one of them for more protection but also that attacking threat as well.
They will need to be in the next round. The more they play with other, the better they'll be in the games that count.

The groups games are a gimme. We're winning the group with them already there.

Southgate doesn't owe the public the most exciting lineup in every single game. He'll be judged by how well he gets the team ready for the sharp end of the tournament.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Much better from England ,though I still think the Czechs are getting more opportunities than the commentators like to comment on.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Attack is better and more fluid. Kane has played better. Grealish is showing how stupid the decision was not to pick him. Saka has been good. Sterling has been decent.

The midfield is trash. Please bring on Bellingham for Rice or Phillips.

The passing between the CMs, defence, and goalkeeper is too slow. They are dallying on the ball and have almost been caught a few times. They are playing way too negative and are bringing the team down.

I think Henderson and Bellingham should come in for the second half.
Bellingham, Sancho and rashford. Feck Henderson.

MU655

You will need them when up against France or Germany so may as well establish the structure of the side

I couldn’t give a toss if England win or lose, but some of you are overly harsh on Southgate. He is doing a reasonable job and above average compared to most England managers
I don't agree. They have struggled to deal with Scotland and are struggling today. What do you think they will be like against France?

Players like them invite pressure because they cannot pass their way out. Bellingham is a player who relieves pressure. Also, he can perform at the top level. His performances against City were brilliant.

LDUred

Grealish has improved us, in the predictable way that picking your best player does.

Dante

Average bang
You lose absolutely nothing by playing Bellingham instead of one of those two.
Except defensive solidity. Rice and Phillips need to learn each other's games in preparation for when that becomes important against the big boys.

The early games are when they learn how to be a partnership. We don't need to win our group games 3-0 when 1-0 will do.

Walters_19_MuFc

See my last post about this. I think it is overkill and Bellingham or Henderson should start alongside.
To get forward? If so, its clear Southgate doesn't want hem to get forward, and wants to create a foil for attacking quartet. Therefore, playing Bellingham would make little sense, as it would take a lot from his game - similar to when we Pogba playing deep. Henderson wouldn't be a bad shout but he's clearly not fit, which is why I wanted JWP to go.

Deery

Dreary
Hey Gareth, don't play Jadon, play me, thanks, bye. This may have happened, you're right.
Why would a professional footballer give up his chance to play in the Euros, silly comment..

Scottynaldinho

Surely we can drive Sancho's price down by delaying the move till after Euros at this pace?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Harold Maguire has certainly improved the team.

DavelinaJolie

I wonder what the odds would have been for England to top the group, with Sterling being their only goalscorer.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Armstrong and O’Donnell have been absolutely shocking.

I can’t believe he’s the best option to replace Gilmour. McTominay in midfield and Cooper in defence made far more sense.

Delighted with the goal. Some strike by McGregor, especially on his weaker foot.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The attack has been better. Despite the goal I still think Sterling is the weak link. Would like to see Sancho tried in his place.

Dante

Average bang
Much better from England ,though I still think the Czechs are getting more opportunities than the commentators like to comment on.
The chance from the corner was a bad one to give away by Kane, but Maguire did brilliantly to mop up. I think the high boot against Shaw probably would have been disallowed by VAR.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Except defensive solidity. Rice and Phillips need to learn each other's games in preparation for when that becomes important against the big boys.

The early games are when they learn how to be a partnership. We don't need to win our group games 3-0 when 1-0 will do.
Surely that’s the point of friendlies??