Day 12: Uruguay vs Russia, Saudi Arabia vs Egypt, Spain v Morocco and Iran vs Portugal

The Bloody-Nine

Spain are a borefest to watch and that game means nothing (on paper) for Morocco. Portugal-Iran however, Iran will play their hearts out for a win and you will also witness the GOAT, Ronaldo, in action. Easy choice!
I can't watch Iran because BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

el3mel

Feck off. Feck off every player of this shower of shite. Don't want to see anyone of this rubbish playing ever again. Feck off.

RoyH1

Iceland can't be far behind, though! Think they're about 300k on the island.
Maybe not skill wise, but result wise.
Iceland’s form is recent. Uruguay has been doing this forever. 2 world cups, 15 Copa America and a couple of Olympic golds. And a club like Peñarol has won the Libertadores Cup 5 times (and 3 times Intercontinental champions).

the_irish123

Iceland’s form is recent. Uruguay has been doing this forever. 2 world cups, 15 Copa America and a couple of Olympic golds. And a club like Peñarol has won the Libertadores Cup 5 times (and 3 times Intercontinental champions).
80% of those titles were between 1930 and 1950

DRM

Dammit. I had 20 quid on Egypt, portugal and spain to win. Cheers Egypt you bastards :mad::mad:

Nikhil

Egypt are truly pathetic. The press don't half talk tripe. The way Egypt were being hyped before the tourney because of Salah. Even if you have one good player, you need the other 10 to be of some standard at least if you want to draw or win games at a World Cup.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Feck off. Feck off every player of this shower of shite. Don't want to see anyone of this rubbish playing ever again. Feck off.
Not their fault they can't score.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
With these six goals, the average goals per match is now at 2.68, which is the highest in the 32 teams World Cups.

Also, *still* no goalless draws.

Kapardin

Small part of me enjoyed seeing Egypt get beat, sorry. Nothing against them, but the way they were hyped along with Salah for the WC, them joining Liverpool fans in constantly whinging about Ramos etc sort of makes them look inseparable from Liverpool for some weird reason.

fallengt

Group B will be interesting. Everyone want to score shitload to avoid Uruguay now

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Egyptian press "how could you lose to Saudi Arabia"?
Hector Cuper "Let's just say it moved me ... TO A BIGGER HOUSE......Oops, I said the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet"
:lol:

Simpsons was brilliant back in the day. Now the jokes are just so obvious.

SharpshooterTom

With these six goals, the average goals per match is now at 2.68, which is the highest in the 32 teams World Cups.

Also, *still* no goalless draws.
91 goals.

Mind you at this stage 2014 WC was on 99 goals, 8 goals more. And after 36 games, i.e. tonight, it was on 108.

AllezLesDiables

If Uruguay can beat 2B (assuming either Portugal/Spain) I think they’ll make the semis because I do not think France will be able to solve them defensively. From there it could be tough if it is Germany/Brazil.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
My girlfriend is half Irani, so I feel as if I should be routing for them tonight. What a story it would be.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
BBC need to find something else to talk about before a Portugal game. Same discussions about Ronaldo every time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting team for Portugal, Andre Silva, Mario and Quaresma all in.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully Iran grab an early goal & make this interesting.

RoyH1

BBC need to find something else to talk about before a Portugal game. Same discussions about Ronaldo every time.
That’s the problem with modern media. It’s so fixated on the individual, the “star”. It’s a tragedy for them that Egypt was knocked out because then they don’t have Salah to talk about.
Teams like Mexico or Switzerland are a nightmare for them because there’s no superstar to talk about for half an hour.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Forgotten about the vuvuzelas. Awful noise.

Anyway, come on Ronnie!