Day 13: Ghana vs Uruguay | South Korea vs Portugal | Cameroon vs Brazil | Serbia vs Switzerland

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Once again UEFA contribute half the last 16, yet somehow they only get 1/3 of the WC places in 4 years time. :rolleyes:
I would love Scotland to have a better chance of getting to a WC but I think the current system is pretty fair.
In days gone by nearly all the knock out round was europe or south America so if 7 are outside those it shows the others areas are improving which is what its designed to achieve.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I hope Piksi keeps the job no matter what. His 1970 Brazil "play ALL the attacking players and try to outscore everyone" approach is such a breath of fresh air

Denis79

I hope Piksi keeps the job no matter what. His 1970 Brazil "play ALL the attacking players and try to outscore everyone" approach is such a breath of fresh air
He's playing football a la Yugoslavia 1991-1992. feck me we had a great team back then.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
I hope Serbia qualifies...

Switzerland under their new coach is a borefest, but they are so good at grinding results though.
They qualified directly thanks to Sommer and Jorginho, cause they got battered by Italy in both games.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I would love Scotland to have a better chance of getting to a WC but I think the current system is pretty fair.
In days gone by nearly all the knock out round was europe or south America so if 7 are outside those it shows the others areas are improving which is what its designed to achieve.
I agree the current system is just about ok, but the 2026 system where despite complete UEFA dominance in recent decades, decreases the % allocated to UEFA is plain ridiculous.

Idxomer

They play 50 forwards and 1 actual defender
Your post made me look at the position of some of those Serbian players and they're basically all attacking players except the three at the back.

This is madness.

Tony247

Shame that both Vini and Martenelli play on the left. Brazil team could be far more lethal had one of them playing on the other side.

Fenomeno9

Martinelli has shown more in less than both Antony and Raphinha. If he is equally effective on the right, I play him and Vinicius to together.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Karen Carney might be the worst pundit ever. There are loads of women who are miles better than her.
Just dont get why ITV think she is any good.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Brazil will struggle if Neymar doesn't recover. Unimpressive in the games without him.

RedDevilRoshi

Serbia vs Switzerland has been a great watch. Proper end to end stuff and both teams not holding back. Hopefully more goals in the 2nd half.

Brazil will win. Created enough chances. Won’t be surprised if Vini Jr comes off the bench and bags a goal or two.

tjb

Martenelli otoh is mint.
I think Antony has been decent, but yes, Martinelli is fantastic.

For all the complaints people have, a lot of fantasic young players are coming through

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Please Serbia, get Switzerland out of the way. It's the last boring team left.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Portugal vs Serbia would be an entertaining match. Both teams can't defend

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Once again UEFA contribute half the last 16, yet somehow they only get 1/3 of the WC places in 4 years time. :rolleyes:
You had the same number of teams back when there were 24 teams and not 32.

Back then you regularly got 10 teams in the last 16, now you get 7. That means greater participation from other regions has improved them. That's the idea, not doing away with the last play off and end up watching Sweden, Ukraine and North Macedonia instead (with all due respect).