Day 13: Slovakia vs Spain | Sweden vs Poland | Portugal vs France | Germany vs Hungary

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Rabiot seems like a better player than Tolisso.

And Benzema is not showing any synergy with Mbappé and Griezmann, unlike Giroud.

Wilt

I really don't see what is so funny?

Two players go shoulder to shoulder. And Mbappe goes over for no reason.

Semedo didn't burst into him.

It's a contact sport FFS.
How do you explain when someone places a finger on the shoulder and he goes down like a sack of spuds?

stu_1992

For me the first one was a penalty. The second? Not a hope. I was fully sure that was getting overturned on the replay.

Threesus

Didn’t this lahouz referee one of our games in the Europa league? Remember most praising him here.

1-1 should make for an interesting second half

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Imagine France will win this, Germany will lose against Hungary and Portugal will go out because of a decision like this.

Jonas Eriksson (Swedish FIFA ref) says absolutely no pen.

He also says that sat in VAR, he can just about find a touch to ”back the ref” which is what UEFA have demanded, that VAR back the refs whenever it’s even slightly possible.

Siorac

I don’t see France winning the Euros they just don’t seem to be clicking right..
Just think back to 2016 though: Portugal stumbled through the group in third place with three draws, playing quite shite, before winning the whole thing.

Raredaredevil

Hungary has been impressive. Almost held Portugal to a goalless draw until the last 6 minutes, lead against France and snatched a draw and now leading against Germany at half-time.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If Germany had a number 9, someone like Klose or even Gomez they'd be great. Tons of good crosses.

Still, they'll turn it around second half.

el3mel

Just think back to 2016 though: Portugal stumbled through the group in third place with three draws, playing quite shite, before winning the whole thing.
Depends on the draw all honestly. This Portugal side faced Croatia, Poland and Wales to reach the final.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And Lloris messed up against Portugal...

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Hungary has been impressive. Almost held Portugal to a goalless draw until the last 6 minutes, lead against France and snatched a draw and now leading against Germany at half-time.
Weird they don't qualify for a WC since 1978.

But i guess that has to do with the fact that Euro has 2 spots and 1 play-off team per group.

RooneyLegend

Both penalties were rubbish decisions. At least the ref is consistent, consistently poor doing his job.

Deery

Dreary
True, though I don’t get the feeling that the confidence is there but the are getting results so maybe could fall to an uninspiring win.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
That penalty shows that Portugal will have an uphill battle in the second-half...

OmarUnited4ever

Rabiot seems like a better player than Tolisso.

And Benzema is not showing any synergy with Mbappé and Griezmann, unlike Giroud.
Benzema plays way too deep for my liking, he should be on the shoulder of the CBs and keep them occupied, Diaz and Pepe are having an easy time out there

RPT_Reddevil

Hungary again proving that they are not mere Pushovers in this group. Held off Germany well so far.

Portugal should be feeling unlucky for a penalty like that. Very very soft. France with a lucky break here, as they were losing the plot post that Portugal goal.

An exciting half for the group awaits.