g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 14: Nigeria vs. Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

punpun

Let's see if Nigeria are capable of putting up a better display than Bosnia & Iran. They surely must be going into this with some confidence of grabbing 1st place.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Argentina will top the group with a draw but like Brazil, they are expected to win every game. However, Argentina has not impressed me at all. They didn't even play that well against Bosnia and Iran but won. Messi will probably bail them out again.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's a nice looking stadium.

Let's see if Nigeria are capable of putting up a better display than Bosnia & Iran. They surely must be going into this with some confidence of grabbing 1st place.
Iran did have a good game. But just a bit screwed by the ref.

Berginyon

Nigeria is the dark horse of the tournament. I think Argentina would have massive issues against Nigeria's speed and athleticism. Another issue is the height. I think the average Argentine height is around 5'7 on that team. Nigeria's must be like 6'1. How would Argentina deal against Nigeria's header?
Nigeria is going into this game with full confidence, Argentina is shaky after their near collapse. I think Nigeria easily beats Argentina in another shocker. 2-0 Nigeria to win group.

abbas

that will be fourth time Nigeria nd Argentina meet at world cup.. The first match played on 25 june 1994 and this one is on 25 june also(20yrs exactly), who knows may be Nigeria can beat Argentina this time!

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Nigeria will try and park the bus because of the Messi factor

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Nigeria is the dark horse of the tournament. I think Argentina would have massive issues against Nigeria's speed and athleticism. Another issue is the height. I think the average Argentine height is around 5'7 on that team. Nigeria's must be like 6'1. How would Argentina deal against Nigeria's header?
Nigeria is going into this game with full confidence, Argentina is shaky after their near collapse. I think Nigeria easily beats Argentina in another shocker. 2-0 Nigeria to win group.
Near collapse? Aren't you overreacting? A little premature I'd say. Argentina had 70% possession and 19 shots in total compared to Iran's 8 shots. Iran basically parked the bus and that's why Argentina find it so hard to break them down. If Iran had come out to actually have a go, the outcome would have been really different. At the end of the day, Argentina won both games despite putting in sub-par performances.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
The idea of Messi playing itself gets the opponents into semi park-the-bus mood. The most heavily marked player in any game, bar none.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Yeh i get that feeling too, some teams take more pride stopping Messi scoring than actually trying to win the game

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
4-1 Argentina. Both teams to sneak through after a draw in the other game.

Cait Sith

The scoreline will depend mainly on whether Nigeria want to take the game to Argentina to try and top the group or whether they will be content with a draw. If they come attacking I imagine Argentina will get the space to display their true potential for the first time in the World Cup.

Last time I watched Argentina vs. Nigeria.

:D

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think this is the game where Argentina will actually run the riot. Bosnia and Iran were very well organized which caused Argentina to struggle, especially as they don't have a particularly good midfield. Nigeria will be all over the pitch and Argentina will try to capitalise on that.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
1-0 Argentina, 1-0 Iran, want to see a lottery decision live :lol:

Dylan94

Wow. Argentinian fans have packed the place out. Atmosphere looks great. Hope we get another good game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Messi. 3 games, 3 goals. He's going to win them this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.