g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 14: Nigeria vs. Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeelerD

Neymar isn't carrying Brazil at all, Oscar has been decent for them, Thiago Silva is holding that tumescent defence together and Ferdinandinho has made a difference. Just because he's scoring doesn't mean he's carrying them.
Why be so literal. Chill out. Just tryin to fit in a joke there.

BARBY BOY

Really nice game (except for some kicking by our nigerian players). It could have been easily 2-4 or 3-3. Ok france here comes the first surviving African team.

Maxii

Paad
Heated argument on RTE about that. Gotta agree with eyebrows in that it shows a complete lack of respect to the manager when he's giving serious instructions and you react by squirting water on him.

If I was a manager and a player disrespected me like that I'd drag him off the pitch.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Heated argument on RTE about that. Gotta agree with eyebrows in that it shows a complete lack of respect to the manager when he's giving serious instructions and you react by squirting water on him.

If I was a manager and a player disrespected me like that I'd drag him off the pitch.
I totally agreed with Cunningham on this too

Could you imagine a player doing that to Fergie?

Maxii

Paad
I totally agreed with Cunningham on this too

Could you imagine a player doing that to Fergie?
They'd probably never play for the club again. Shows the manager to be a bit of a coward if he lets that kind of stuff go on.

JonathanEvans

Best player to ever live producing the goods again. Not long left til he lifts the trophy!

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Why be so literal. Chill out. Just tryin to fit in a joke there.
My bad, I just saw the Neymar bit, then saw the joke on BBC

Messi carrying Argentina, Neymar carrying Brazil... British Airways carrying England.

Bole Top

I doubt he'll lift it though, the rest of the team is letting him down. perhaps I'm mistaken, but I remember reading about how Sabella finally got it right, but I just don't see it and I'm really disappointed with Aguero and Higuain.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I doubt he'll lift it though, the rest of the team is letting him down. perhaps I'm mistaken, but I remember reading about how Sabella finally got it right, but I just don't see it and I'm really disappointed with Aguero and Higuain.
It would take a huge improvement by Argentina to win this World Cup. They just look a decent team to me, without the solidarity that often comes with well managed decent sides.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Seen a lot of people praise Di María today, just me who thought he was poor then?

Some threatening long shots but dire decison making, sloppy touches and an out-of-character selfish display. He, Agüero and Higuaín all look out of form to me.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It would take a huge improvement by Argentina to win this World Cup. They just look a decent team to me, without the solidarity that often comes with well managed decent sides.
They didn't look like winning material to me either. But when they've probably got the easiest passage I can remember to the semi-finals, anything is possible.

Supports
Barcelona
What does this mean?
in 2006, Pekerman was too conservative and decided to defend just 1 goal lead by subbing Riquelme off. he also didn't play Messi.

Tonight Sabella could have paid the price by resorting to the same policy, subbing his star player off with 30 mins to go. it was an open game, Argentine defence is far from being a rock and I wouldn't have been surprised if Nigeria scored twice to send the albiceleste to the France/Germany(probably)/Brazil bracket.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seen a lot of people praise Di María today, just me who thought he was poor then?

Some threatening long shots but dire decison making, sloppy touches and an out-of-character selfish display. He, Agüero and Higuaín all look out of form to me.
He's not at his best and made many bad decisions in the second half today but he's still the only other threat Argentina have other than messi, and adds a great deal given his skill, pace and energy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They didn't look like winning material to me either. But when they've probably got the easiest passage I can remember to the semi-finals, anything is possible.
Switzerland or Ecuador will be a safe passage in the next round, USA or Belgium could be tricky.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He's not at his best and made many bad decisions in the second half today but he's still the only other threat Argentina have other than messi, and adds a great deal given his skill, pace and energy.
Aye, that's the same as what I think. I'm a big fan of Di María and Agüero (Higuaín not so much), that's why I'm so disappointed they aren't at their best. Kinda got the feeling today that he wanted a goal so much that it was having a negative impact on his performance. Not often you'd see him shoot from distance as much as he did today.

milan4ever

Lavezzi should start the next match instead of Aguero, more dynamic and pacier. Higuain has been playing like shit, slow and rusty, even worse than Fred in this tournament. Has he taken any decent shot in the three games? If Sabella keeps playing Aguero and Higuain in the knockouts, it probably will cost them the world cup.

Di Mario was very good in the first half, but quite bad in the second one.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Argentina won as expected but their defence seems shaky and this is the reason why I don't think they will win the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.