Day 14: Nigeria vs. Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supports
Barcelona
Top spot not guaranteed. I hope Sabella doesn't regret it like Pekerman 8 years ago !!

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Di Maria is wasting a lot of great counter attacking chances in this tournament so far. Ones he capitalized on all season for Madrid.

Lyricist

Someone doesn't know the rules :lol:
Wait, what moment are you talking about? Isn't that rule correct? If the ball is passed backwards, the player who receives it is not offside.
That's a rule.
The rule says it's no offside if the receiving player is behind the ball despite being closer to the goal than the last defender. But passing a ball backwards doesn't mean players who are offside can suddenly take the ball anyway. Messi was offside at the time the pass was made, the pass just went a bit backwards and Messi had to run back to collect it. It's still offside.
This is not American Football where any backwards passes are allowed.

032Devil

Where all the managers in the world have failed, the co-commentator knows how to control Messi

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The rule says it's no offside if the receiving player is behind the ball despite being closer to the goal than the last defender. But passing a ball backwards doesn't mean players who are offside can suddenly take the ball anyway. Messi was offside at the time the pass was made, the pass just went a bit backwards and Messi had to run back to collect it. It's still offside.
This is not American Football where any backwards passes are allowed.
Show the clip so we can settle this. Your caf rep depends on this.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Argentina's defence will cost them this tournament, Messi will get the blame though for not 'single handedly' winning it for them. Shame.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
commentator i'm listening to was saying Maradona isn't one of the greats because he didn't score enough for Barca :houllier: Just ignore the couple world cups and single handedly dragging Napoli.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
haha I'm no gif master sadly.

Was probably around the 60th minute if anyone here is interested in looking up the offside incident. :lol:
Well from what you wrote the commentator said, he's said nothing wrong there. It is a rule. Whether what he's said applies to the situation you're talking about, I can't say as I haven't seen it.

Dylan94

Nigeria are now looking like a decent team after their woeful opening performance. They'll be no pushovers in the next round.

Lyricist

Currently the evidence is saying that Lyricist doesn't know the rules of the game and should forever be laughed at on the caf. It's on him to prove his worth to us.
It wasn't a case of two players being through and the ball being passed backwards to the other attacking player despite him being closer to goal than the last defender.

It was a case of Messi being in an offside position and being in front of the ball but the pass was simply passed backwards and Messi ran back from an offside position to collect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.