g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 14: Nigeria vs. Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srpiniata

So mistake of the keeper or genius from Messi? I really think the one he saved was harder than this one.

Ruht

Excellent goal. He is finally delivering at this stage. Remains to be seen how they perform against a stronger side though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's like trying to save a penalty the first time you concede it on a game of Fifa, where your mate scores before you can figure out how to dive

Bure11

Dumbarse, can't bank
Great free kick but really poor goalkeeping.

Also I've not really been paying much attention to the first half but apart from scoring twice has Messi been playing well?

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Enyeamas face :lol:

He probably thought: "Ah, not that fecker again :lol:"

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The scary thing is that he still has another gear to kick on. Am glad he is kicking on now. The WC deserves a virtuoso performance from the best player of recent times. G'wan Messi

Hannibal

Terrible goal to conceed. Keeper had a brain fart
Messi placed it where the wall was. There's nothing any goalie can do to that. He had to cover the side the wall isn't protecting....If the free kick taker lifts the ball over the wall & scores then all credits to the player. Nothing a goalie can do to that.

Skorenzy

Enyeama is a pretty good keeper, but there he completely misjudged where his posts were I think :D

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Also I've not really been paying much attention to the first half but apart from scoring twice has Messi been playing well? I can't say I've noticed him playing that great.
Suppose it depends how you define playing great. Even if he did little else, two goals in the first half suggest he's done his job.

Lyricist

Not sure his performances have been all that but 4 decisive goals in 3 games says it all really.

That said I still think Enyeama is an amazing keeper. Perhaps he should've stood a bit further towards the first post anyway but not sure he can save that. Could've tried at least though of course.

crappycraperson

Scout

Also I've not really been paying much attention to the first half but apart from scoring twice has Messi been playing well?
Much better than the first two games. Some good links up and taking on the players more as well. Still not at his best but I can see him hitting his top level in this tournament now. These goals will give him a mega confidence boost

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I love this place. Every goal Messi's scored so far has been deflected or a huge goalkeeping howler. Of course the highlight was Ronaldo's cross against the USA :lol:

Bitter much.

Bure11

Dumbarse, can't bank
Suppose it depends how you define playing great. Even if he did little else, two goals in the first half suggest he's done his job.
Just his all round performance I meant. Obviously 2 goals is great but I was just wondering if he'd done much else as I wasn't paying much attention

crappycraperson

Scout
Please thread-ban anyone who brings up Ronaldo's name. There is simple zero reason to mention him here. It will derail and ruin yet another thread.

SpeelerD

No other argentine player has scored so far in the WC except messi:keano:

Skorenzy

He's created two nice chances (1 thru-ball for Higuaín) and had a couple of dangerous dribbles (incl. the one that won him the free-kick). Decent so far, but I thought Mascherano has been Arg's best player in this half. Di María oozes danger, but is too sloppy. Messi very efficient, 3 shots, 2 goals and 1 great save from Enyeama.

MarcRed96

Four goals for Messi so far, bringing him level with Neymar. I don't think his overall play has been that great so far but he's carrying his team at the minute with his goals. If he gets into top gear then he could win this tournament for Argentina on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.