g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 14: Nigeria vs. Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bure11

Dumbarse, can't bank
He's created two nice chances (1 thru-ball for Higuaín) and had a couple of dangerous dribbles (incl. the one that won him the free-kick). Decent so far, but I thought Mascherano has been Arg's best player in this half. Di María oozes danger, but is too sloppy. Messi very efficient, 3 shots, 2 goals and 1 great save from Enyeama.
Much better than the first two games. Some good links up and taking on the players more as well. Still not at his best but I can see him hitting his top level in this tournament now. These goals will give him a mega confidence boost
Alright, cheers for that :D

Mali_Zeus

Four goals for Messi so far, bringing him level with Neymar. I don't think his overall play has been that great so far but he's carrying his team at the minute with his goals. If he gets into top gear then he could win this tournament for Argentina on his own.
I think he was better and more lively today than in the 1st 2 games.

BARBY BOY

I think keeping the first freekick out make enyeama look kind of silly when the second one get in. Gutted the fecker score against us, credit to him though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Argies seem to have improved a bit since the last couple of games. Di Maria and Messi in particular, seem in the zone. Aguero needs to step it up a bit.

MarcRed96

I think he was better and more lively today than in the 1st 2 games.
When I said his overall play hasn't been great, I meant in the entire tournament so far, not just this game. I agree, I think he's been sharper during this match and I reckon he'll get better as the tournament progresses.

Cait Sith

Karma for Enyeama's performance in 2010 against Messi. :D

Edit: Fss, Skorenzy. :lol:

Diego_Costa_CFC

Who was gutted ? Most are impressed with his performance ?
drifter and twig, either there women have been caught getting pumped from the next door neighbour or there truly gutted messi has 4 goals this world cup just with there reaction of his 2nd goal today.

Hannibal

Four goals for Messi so far, bringing him level with Neymar. I don't think his overall play has been that great so far but he's carrying his team at the minute with his goals. If he gets into top gear then he could win this tournament for Argentina on his own.
He's playing really well - he's been shyte in previous tournaments but Messi has turned it on this time around. He's dragging his team to glory single handedly like Maradona did.

I think keeping the first freekick out make enyeama look kind of silly when the second one get in. Gutted the fecker score against us, credit to him though.
What could Enyeama have done better for that free kick? Did you see the trajectory of the ball and how Enyeama had to scramble from the other end of the post to the other? Are people trying to blame Enyeama to take Messi's brilliance from him or what?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Great free kick but really poor goalkeeping.

Also I've not really been paying much attention to the first half but apart from scoring twice has Messi been playing well?
Di Maria has been Argentina's best player.

The game has been very open. Nigeria are virtually through to the knockout stages, and they are playing more expansive, which plays into Argentina's hands. Messi has been very good. Not worth the wankery in this thread which occurred after the second goal which was an error from Enyeama.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
He's playing really well - he's been shyte in previous tournaments but Messi has turned it on this time around. He's dragging his team to glory single handedly like Maradona did.
He played well in 2010 I thought, he didn't score but he created many chances and was pretty unlucky. Tbf to him he was only 22 at the time as well.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Di Maria has been Argentina's best player.

The game has been very open. Nigeria are virtually through to the knockout stages, and they are playing more expansive, which plays into Argentina's hands. Messi has been very good. Not worth the wankery in this thread which occurred after the second goal which was an error from Enyeama.
Nah he's really not though.

Brophs

The One and Only
The look on Messi's face: "Lads, ye're fooking killing me here".

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good goal. The finish is excellent! Exciting game so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.