g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 17: Morocco vs Spain | Portugal vs Switzerland (Last 16 7&8)

RedDevil@84

I switched off immediately. Did Ronaldo really leave for dressing room while team stayed celebrating?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Ronaldo didn't celebrate with the others, he just took of to the dressing room.
Incredible.
What's his acolytes' take on this?
needed to have his heart restarted after his brief cameo.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Probably. The surprising part is Switzerland were extremely disciplined and compact against Brazil, but tonight none of that. But then again conceding early meant their game plan flew out the window and they had to open up which is obviously not their strength.
Morocco midfield is a bit underwhelming when trying to play forward, if Portugal manage to score first is gonna be painful for Morocco to look for the equalizer... Their plan seems 0-0 and pray to Bono, and maybe some counter attacks if possible.

Last edited:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Ronaldo as always is a selfish prick. Can't get psyched for his country and teammates succeeding. Nope as long as he doesn't get any individual success out of anything, they don't matter whether it's his club or country he supposedly love.

RoyH1

Probably. The surprising part is Switzerland were extremely disciplined and compact against Brazil, but tonight none of that. But then again conceding early meant their game plan flew out the window and they had to open up which is obviously not their strength.
That’s the thing with many of these teams. Had Spain managed to score one and forced Morocco to open up they might have won comfortably. Scoring first matters a lot in the post asthma inhaler defensive strategy

cyberman

Saw this on Reddit

Spain completed over 1,000 passes in their game against Morocco. They converted this into a single shot on target, and no goals.

Spanish football really needs to evolve. It’s ok shit housing your way by diving and time wasting to get through your deficiencies in Europe but it doesn’t seem to be so easy to do that at international level

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
That’s the thing with many of these teams. Had Spain managed to score one and forced Morocco to open up they might have won comfortably. Scoring first matters a lot in the post asthma inhaler defensive strategy
Spain should have started Morata, they looked way more direct with him.

And yes, usually very defensive teams rely on 0-0 for the first half, if you break their plan very early they tend to panic, same happened to Iceland in the Euro 2016 against France.

I hope Portugal qualifies, i want a really difficult game for France/England in semis, not just a team parking an Airbus to maintain the 0-0, while only one team is attacking.

Last edited:

TheLittleOne

UOTE="George The Best, post: 29826172, member: 80268"]
He knows he’s cooked - but won’t accept it
[/QUOTE]
Really? i missed that as i couldnt watch anymore...embarassing guy who has everthing anyone could ever dream of and is still not satisfied because all of that is not worth anything if it isnt all about him.... what a sad existence

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

It would take an actual idiot to start Ronaldo after this game.
All Ronaldo has to do is pull some strings in the Portuguese FA. They appealed to get the goal to be stolen from one of their players and gievn to Ronaldo to satisfy the man child's ego.

Kopral Jono

I actually had a sneaky feeling that Morocco might fancy their chances if they meet Portugal, but if the latter play like that again it would be very hard for anyone -- let alone Morocco with all due respect -- to stop them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I switched off immediately. Did Ronaldo really leave for dressing room while team stayed celebrating?
Losing respect day by day. When Leao scored, he put his hands up in frustration because Leao didn't cross instead.

Just incredible.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
They froze and Portugal scored first, after that they simply imploded.

Never expected such a trashing.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Morocco midfield is a bit underwhelming when trying to play forward, if Portugal manage to score first is gonna be painful for Morocco to look for the equalizer... Their plan seems 0-0 and pray to Bono, and maybe some counter attacks if possible.
They have the means to hurt Portugal on the counter, especially on the wings. North African teams also seem to have a knack at playing for their lives once they go past the group stage.

Tough game in perspective but Portugal should edge it.

RopersReturn

That was utterly awesome from Portugal. The best performance from any team at this tournament by a huge distance; and the best I've ever seen them play at any tournament in my lifetime. They're second favourites now given the draw, and nobody's gonna want to face them.

Second: unusually among England fans, I was always confident heading into this World Cup that we could reach the semis, and I still am. I genuinely think we'll beat France, however hard it'll of course be. But I was also horribly wary, even fearful, of Portugal - and that was before they went up so many levels tonight. Even average Portugal sides are horrible to play against; they have so much knowhow and keep the ball fantastically well. But this Portugal? Yikes!:eek:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Can somebody please explain to me why Dalot's cross to set up the 3rd goal is not being classed as an assist??

Fully Fledged

That was utterly awesome from Portugal. The best performance from any team at this tournament by a huge distance; and the best I've ever seen them play at any tournament in my lifetime. They're second favourites now given the draw, and nobody's gonna want to face them.

Second: unusually among England fans, I was always confident heading into this World Cup that we could reach the semis, and I still am. I genuinely think we'll beat France, however hard it'll of course be. But I was also horribly wary, even fearful, of Portugal - and that was before they went up so many levels tonight. Even average Portugal sides are horrible to play against; they have so much knowhow and keep the ball fantastically well. But this Portugal? Yikes!:eek:
Hopefully Ronaldo will play.