Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

ThinkTank@Cafe

Brazil’s double pivot is too light against one of the most formidable midfield trio at the tournament. Croatia shouldn’t be underestimated.

kidbob

Seriously ever since that Nani red card (which he actually tried to pull out of the challenge as much as possible) I've never seen another player sent off for anything similar. He didn't even catch Arbeloa high either. If I recall a Bayern player kicked someone in the head the very next night and got a yellow card. Between that and the offside call at Porto we were screwed badly twice, at least, in the CL under SAF.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
People complain about Anthony but to be honest I rate him higher than Raphinia. Might not be as direct but at least he offers an outlet upfront for keeping the ball up there under pressure.
Antony had a chance to give a good impression when he played, he sucked and made Raphinha look like an elite player when he came in.

CHVR

Supports
Brazil
Don't think Brazil will make it through this game. they usually go home during the QF.

kidbob

Antony had a chance to give a good impression when he played, he sucked and made Raphinha look like an elite player when he came in.
Oh I definitely don't think he took his chance at all. Just from what I've seen of the two of them he deals much better with being pressed and keeping the ball. Just like if you looked at Neymar in isolation today you'd think he is a terrible player.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
It's a tough game. I expect the same from all of the quarter final games.

In modern football, you won't get end to end spectacles
Right you are. Two things to consider

- If a team plays defence well at this level the other won't have an easy time
- If a team lets in an early goal, such as Perisic chance, it forces the game open.

Brazils denied penalty in the 47th minute could also have made this an open affair

PoTMS

Pay whatever it takes for Gvardiol. The kid is a beast.

Dan_F

Finally some sensible refereeing with a handball shout. Didn’t think it would come from Oliver.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Commentator just said Juranovic is chased by Atletico M and Sociedad. €11 million quoted. No idea where he got that information.

Canagel

These Brazil wingers have no regard for possession. It's shocking how wasteful they are.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Ney looks toast
He looked like that since the 1st minute, I suspect they went too hard to have him back to "fitness" for the previous game and he's paying it. He's sluggish every time he touches the ball, no lightness.