Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

ED_209

Supports
Coritiba
One more goal for Neymar and he becomes the top goalscorer for the Brazil national team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
One-twos

Such a "simple" concept but only geniuses of the game can pull that out on a decisive moment in a world cup. Absolutely loved that goal, just beautiful. Straight from a dirt pitch in a favela with kids playing barefoot. Just beautiful
It's hardest thing to do. Messi's always been unbelievable at it. It takes special technique to be able to receive it in your stride (twice), composed yourself and score. Neymar has that

rollingstoned1

Nonsense. You play the game that is most convenient for you and not everyone can play like whatever your ideal team is.

Croatia had the right gameplan for this and executed it well. Unlucky, that's all.
You can either shithouse your way through a tournament because you think it's your most optimal option or you can have bad luck. Not both.
You can't blame neutrals for not being disappointed at such teams going out.

Siorac

Nonsense. You play the game that is most convenient for you and not everyone can play like whatever your ideal team is.

Croatia had the right gameplan for this and executed it well. Unlucky, that's all.
The Caf had a very different reaction to Morocco whose gameplan also mostly amounted to waiting for penalties against a clearly superior team. Though that's mostly because a near-pathological hatred of Spain that many seem to have.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Croatia have to attack now. Its what we needed in the first 90 minutes of the game.

I know Croatia have a game plan and all, but I hope they dont equalise. :nervous:
Their game plan was to dictate the game at their pace because they’re best players are too old to go chasing games. Being their second extra time, they shouldn’t have much left in the tank. Still calling it as a 0-2 game to Brazil. This is justice for Japan as they should have beaten Croatia themselves.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
why is he not carding people for fouling without even trying to get the ball ? Have I misunderstood football for years ?

PoTMS

Brazil have been fortunate to only face the mediocre European teams in Switzerland, Serbia, Croatia. The best European teams are all on the other side of the draw and will knock each other out.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Croatian Perisic is some player. I mean he's a good player anyway, but in the Croatia shirt he seemingly goes up a few levels.

zbcrow15

Ian Darke has managed to get almost every name wrong on the Brazilian team when tries to commentate who is doing something.

Stadjer

Portugal won the Euros playing the way Croatia does but that wasnt fun to watch either. But it can work. Hopefully not today though

acnumber9

The Caf had a very different reaction to Morocco whose gameplan also mostly amounted to waiting for penalties against a clearly superior team. Though that's mostly because a near-pathological hatred of Spain that many seem to have.
Morocco had more shots on target than Spain. Croatia haven’t mustered one yet. You’re comparing an apple to a rancid apple.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm amazed by Brazils off the ball work. Everyone works so hard and well off the ball

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Brazil have been fortunate to only face the mediocre European teams in Switzerland, Serbia, Croatia. The best European teams are all on the other side of the draw and will knock each other out.
Yeah, it just lacks England on their way to the final.

Sylar

I'm amazed by Brazils off the ball work. Everyone works so hard and well off the ball
Its brilliant to see. And it snot a one off game. You saw it the last game even when 4-0 up. The way they get into positions to have a three on one to take the ball back is quite something.

Added note, so glad Casemiro is a United player.

Cloud7

If results stay the same, surely Antony has to start the next game over Raphina? He’s been better in both halves of the field

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Morocco had more shots on target than Spain. Croatia haven’t mustered one yet. You’re comparing an apple to a rancid apple.
Seen a few times since this bizarre idea that Morocco "parked the bus" and that's it.... they quite clearly played on the counter and created most of the games best chances. That one lad in extra time went through on goal about 3 times.