Day 18: Germany vs. Algeria

steve9

What bothers me most is that Lahm doesn't even really play FB. He is barely at the flank, still running in the centre. If he wants to make his point that he has to play in midfield, this is not the time!

Jasmin

I'm crying, I swear I do, BRING US JUSTICE OF 82 BOYS! DO IT!

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
this game turns out the most funniest threads in german forums this year so far.

one example:

with löw we would even loose a penalty against england

:lol:

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Klose to come on and score the winner now. I think we have the advantage in extra time given how little we ran throughout the match.

Dylan94

I'm going to say the same as I did for last nights game. If Germany don't win this in extra time they will loose on penalties.

Dante

Average bang
Algeria are knackered now. They'll be less of a counter-attacking threat so Germany's defence will push up and the side will revert to tiki-taka. Expect the latter to dominate possession and score a couple.

Oop North

Germany may as well be playing with 10 men with Ozil out there. Been diabolical tonight. Then again, Neuer has been an extra defender so I suppose they're back up to 11...

Lane

Neuer i think is having like the best GK performance this WC. As of now. Because all these great saves on the line from Ochoa, Navas, M'Bohli that is something many could do. It's great, but it's not unique. Nigeria's keeper was great on the line as well. But Neuer showed real skill and intelligence, he saved his team like 3-4 times playing in a sweeper role. And while taking enormous risks, he succeed which is all that counts. He saw this situation early, predicted them and went for a ball outside of the box. Many other keeper would just be scared to do that or short on skill. That way he kicked the ball out, with his head, that was really superb. Could have been 1-on-1 easy. And the 89 minute "save" was no worse.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Finally, holy shit...

No Müller-goal, but at least an assist.