Day 18: Germany vs. Algeria

Blackwidow

What will you do if you end up facing the Dutch in the finals? Robben would swallow Howedes from the right. If Low plays the latter there whole tournament, can't see changing in the final even when it could be a match-deciding mis-match.
If the German or Bayern players do not know how to stop Arjen then something is wrong...

Aboutreika18

Four CBs against Algeria should be fun to watch. Basically no overlaps on the flanks to help stretch a packed Algeria defence and a slow, cumbersome backline against a fairly quick and agile Algeria front line, especially Slimani and Feghouli.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
If the German or Bayern players do not know how to stop Arjen then something is wrong...
That makes no sense. Would imply, Messi should be easily stopped by Spanish. Robben is in top form, even the best left backs would struggle against him right now let alone a make shift one.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I can see this being a close affair... Germans to win 3-2, or 4-2 with them settling at the death.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I haven't got the best feeling about this game. We will probably struggle with their rigid defense and be vulnerable to counters yet again.

oriole

Four CBs against Algeria should be fun to watch. Basically no overlaps on the flanks to help stretch a packed Algeria defence and a slow, cumbersome backline against a fairly quick and agile Algeria front line, especially Slimani and Feghouli.
Belgium played them with 4 CB's. You might have point... :)

MikeMango

That makes no sense. Would imply, Messi should be easily stopped by Spanish. Robben is in top form, even the best left backs would struggle against him right now let alone a make shift one.
Against Mexico Robben didnt get the ball that much, because Mexico pressed the dutch early during their build-up play. Sneijder was nearly invisible and van Persie and Robben where isolated. Of course it's difficult to stop Robben if he got the ball, but you can prevent him as good as you can from getting it.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Against Mexico Robben didnt get the ball that much, because Mexico pressed the dutch early during their build-up play. Sneijder was nearly invisible and van Persie and Robben where isolated. Of course it's difficult to stop Robben if he got the ball, but you can prevent him as good as you can from getting it.
Anyway it's all hypothetical now. I just think Low is digging himself into a hole. Heck, even France today attacked mainly from the right before Giroud came off. Valbuena supported by Debuchy is going to be a huge test for Howedes. He will need someone to hold a position before him.

All if Germans win today ofc. :angel:

MikeMango

Anyway it's all hypothetical now. I just think Low is digging himself into a hole. Heck, even France today attacked mainly from the right before Giroud came off. Valbuena supported by Debuchy is going to be a huge test for Howedes. He will need someone to hold a position before him.

All if Germans win today ofc. :angel:
we will see.:drool:
We have enough attacking power on the pitch and we can bring on Klose and Schürrle as well, if necessary.

have a nice game @ all

Skorenzy

Why the frown smiley? About time that a Müller is back at the top of that list.
Too many (West-)Germans and Brazilians in the top end of that all-time top scorers list already IMO, time to get some Belgians in there :D (a man can dream...)

Winrar

Algeria is the last African team left in the WC, will Africa be obliterated today as well?

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
So far, there are not more than 2 goals in any of the round of 16 matches. We are due one. I think this will end up as the highest scoring knock-out game so far. 3-1, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2 to the Germans.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Love Tyldsley's opening comment

'.... Porto Alegre home to a large German community'

I wonder how they got there? :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Cmon Slimani our new gem :) Metzelder is going to have a hard time dealing with him.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
When did Germany turn into Spain? About the same time Bayern turned into Barcelona?

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Germany to win 8-0 and send the Algerians crying back home.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Holy shit...

Just what I expected: An immobile midfield against a rigid defense, no movement from the deep, mistake from Mustafi and already a very dangerous counter.