Day 18: Switzerland vs Spain | Belgium vs Italy (QF 1&2)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Calling Italian cheats is bit rich when almost every team have cheated in their own game.
There's levels to it though. That went way beyond what's normal. The amount of diving by Italy in their last two games was surreal, pretty sure you could find close to 100 examples of it in their last 2 games.

Belgium timewasted against us and knocked us out and it still felt awful to watch that even though I wanted them out

Infra-red

Italy definitely look like the ones to beat. Will be tough for any team to overcome them this summer.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Is that fans the Italy players are mixing with?

They will get utterly slaughtered if they test positive before the next game.
4 days before their semi final and 9 days before the final takes place... Let's go nuzzle some people in the crowd lads!

djembatheking

Bonkers, what are they doing jumping into the crowd. I hope they don't come down with Covid.
Was just thinking that , so much for staying in a bubble. It would be a shit way to miss the semis and the final catching covid off your own fans.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Italy are the biggest time wasters I've seen so far in the euros. Hope to god england smash them if we play them in the final.
Did you see england play? Italy will eat england alive.England hope will be Spain in final not Italy.

Stormpetrel

Well done to Italy, clearly the better team. Hope they win the whole thing. Sad for Spinazzola though.

The way we've played recently was pretty poor imo and nowhere near the level we had at the world cup even taking Hazard out. This midfield with Tielemans has been very disappointing

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nah they are already past it. Their apex was 2018, when they had Kompany and Hazard.
This is a declining golden generation. I'd be very surprised if they go past the quarters in 2022. It only gets worse after that unless they have two consecutive golden generations.
Probably true. They were unlucky to run into France in SF, very very tight match that one and would've beaten Croatia in final.

One advantage they still have is De Bruyne and Lukaku will still be pretty decent in 18 months time and if Hazard has any ambition left he'll move out of Madrid and get fit again so they still should have a decent attack for Qatar.

Rest of side dosen't look as good as a few years ago though unless a few of the younger ones step up at club level in next 18 months but likes of Dendoncker have their limits.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mwahahhahaahaha

I better not post anymore tonight or i'll get permabanned

Belgium :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kopral Jono

Italy - England final will be great if it happens.

And I can bet on Italy to win it all.
At this moment this feels inevitable, and it's going to be too close to call given that England has home advantage. It's Italy's name on the trophy any other venue aside from Wembley.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Basketball players have walked on and off the court with a ruptured achilles tendon. In pain, yes, but not impossible. The guy was on his way to the side of the field already if not for his teammates telling him to go down.

Couldn’t possibly now without knowing the injury. 1 meter walking, very unlikely to do more damage. Should he have done it? No. Would he have done it if football had time stoppages? Undoubtedly yes.
You’re told not to do it with certain injuries. The guy is taken off the pitch crying and you’re worrying about a few minutes.

dutchred

I wouldn’t want to bet on that, but it would be a great game I would love to watch. I think England are a pretty fun team now, and could be much better with a brave manager.
Southgate is too negative. He can't attack Italy so long as he plays both Rice and Phillips

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Bye bye Belgium. A really dislikable bunch of players.

Italy, by far the better team. Zero threat from Belgium. Worlds best team, my arse :lol:
This! Apart from De Bryune. I also don’t / didn’t like the 3 Belgian players who played for us. Can’t think of a more dislikeable national team.

Wayne's World

They also said England wouldn't beat Germany.
This Italian team is nothing like Germany, the work 10 times harder and have the best midfield in the competition. They are a nightmare for England to play against in a game which the media have already declared England as the winners, which suits Italy down to the ground

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Italy was the better team, and deserves to go through. They dominated for the most important parts of the game and we didn’t turn our chances into goals. Looked like a better team when it matterd most.

It’s just the shithousery I can’t put up anymore. A rules change would help that massively.

Congratis @giorno @Bepi et al. Good luck the next game(s).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I see that Belgium rubbed everyone the wrong way. :lol:

predator

Youth NITK
Did you see england play? Italy will eat england alive.England hope will be Spain in final not Italy.
They do look good and I would say are favourites right now but I wouldn't predict anything with certainty after what has happened in this tournament.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Belgium looked so poorly set up for that game. I was stunned how much time and space Italy had in midfield and yet when Belgium had the ball there was a big gaping chasm in the middle. Italy are a total surprise how good they've been and was wondering how they would stand up to a sterner test and they totally outplayed Belgium. Pretty disgraceful tactics at the end, never go behind to Italy in a KO game haha.
Didn’t expect to see Italy dominate the ball like that, only stopped when they decided to park the bus.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You’re told not to do it with certain injuries. The guy is taken off the pitch crying and you’re worrying about a few minutes.
*few minutes taken off the game actually but okay. Couldn’t care less about it if the game clock would have been stopped. The guy was crying because he knew his tournament is over, doesn’t make his injury worse or not. Could’ve walked off the pitch and started crying there, littly symphaty from me atm.

Tony247

Lukaku waa absolutely shite throughout the game. Audacious that he thinks himself at the same level of Lewandowski.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Knocking out the overrated French ?
WC winners France, with almost the same player and manager as 2018.

Overrated is England, who hasn't won anything since 1966, and haven't knocked out a big team in since 1970, it took them more than 40 years to knock-out a big team in a tournament.

Tony247

He is complaining because his team was denied a chance of playing with a man advantage.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
*few minutes taken off the game actually but okay. Couldn’t care less about it if the game clock would have been stopped. The guy was crying because he knew his tournament is over, doesn’t make his injury worse or not. Could’ve walked off the pitch and started crying there, littly symphaty from me atm.
I think your ire is better aimed at the refs, though. This could have taken as long as it did if the ref simply properly added that time. The 5 minutes that were added were taken by this scene alone.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He is complaining because his team was denied a chance of playing with a man advantage.
No I’m not. You don’t think they’d have lined up a replacement within 30”?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think your ire is better aimed at the refs, though. This could have taken as long as it did if the ref simply properly added that time. The 5 minutes that were added were taken by this scene alone.
Nah the ref can’t be blamed for that, if time is added properly you’d have +15-20mins of added time, not feasible. Football needs a change in rules to take out these kind of things. Can’t blame a ref to only add a few minutes; that’s standard procedure regardless of what happened during the game.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
How the hell are Belgium number one in the world, must be the most over rated crap ‘good’ team.
Out to wales in quarters ‘16
Out to France semi ‘18 (fair enough I suppose)
Out to Italy last 16 ‘20.

number one in the world my arse

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I've been really critical of Southgate but tbh I would be very glad to have him in charge if we had to face Italy. Think the only way to go would be suffocate their midfield and I would fancy players off our bench to get a late goal. I'm 100% certain we would be better set-up for them than Belgium were tonight. Their shape just looked totally wrong.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Nah the ref can’t be blamed for that, if time is added properly you’d have +15-20mins of added time, not feasible. Football needs a change in rules to take out these kind of things. Can’t blame a ref to only add a few minutes; that’s standard procedure regardless of what happened during the game.
You could have had another hour and not score though