Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

el3mel

Brazil-Mexico gonna be tough and a narrow victory for Brazil. 2-1 I'll say.

Belgium should have no problem against Japan though. They're flat track bullies.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Brazil hitting their wall hopefully, they were lucky last time and almost toothless without Costa and Marcelo.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Two interesting matches here.

Depends which Mexico turns up. The one v Sweden will be swotted aside easily. One v Germany and this could be a frustrating day for Brazil as Mexico can give them problems on counter attack.

Got a hunch for Brazil after extra time.

Not sure what to think of Japan. Only game they won in tournament was v 10 men for pretty much 90 minutes and they were woeful v Poland.

2-0 Belgium.

Robertd0803

I'll miss the Brazil game. Fancy Mexico to make it really tough for them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Getting married during the Brazil game :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So far 5 of 6 of my players in fantasy football have been knocked out with 6 more playing on Day 19. Need Brazil and Belgium to progress by any means.

PoTMS

Think Japan will shock Belgium and take them to penalties.

Minimalist

Think both games will be a tight contest. Could see an upset with Mexico.

Belgium should have too much, including power in Lukaku, in the final third for Japan.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Still got my Outright Winner Brazil and Top Goalscorer Lukaku still active. Shame one of them won't make the semis.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I have a feeling Mexico will take Brazil to extra time.

the_irish123

Brazil-Mexico game will be played in 35°C heat. FIFA really shouldn't have picked that time for a Samara game..

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not about to try and call the score for Mexico v Brazil but it should be a cracker. I'll predict at least one red card and a minimum of two penalties.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Mexico will play well I reckon but Brazil will beat them.

Belgium to dispose of Japan easily. 3-0.

RoyH1

Mexico is gloriously regular. They make it to the last 16 and always get knocked out there. Expect them to give Brazil a scare and a heck of a game but lose with a last minute goal.

Belgium has too much quality all over the pitch for Japan. I cannot see Japan's CB's dealing for 90 minutes with Lukaku.

Giggs86

Tomorrow is not a day for upsets. I see a smooth sailing both for Brazil and Belgium.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Belgium will have an easy enough time imo. Brazil might have some problems but will win out in the end I think. Anything is possible in the knockout stages, but I dont expect to see an upset tomorrow.

Loublaze

ATLien
Mexico is gloriously regular. They make it to the last 16 and always get knocked out there. Expect them to give Brazil a scare and a heck of a game but lose with a last minute goal.

Belgium has too much quality all over the pitch for Japan. I cannot see Japan's CB's dealing for 90 minutes with Lukaku.
I was going to say this. I expect a hard fought 2-0 for Brazil. Mexico will give 100% but this unspectacular Brazilian team can still beat them at 50%.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I wouldn't be that surprised to see Mexico pull the upset especially considering what's happened this World Cup already.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
Under Osório's management, Mexico is an unpredictable team. He never keeps the same line-up in a row (correct me if I'm wrong) and their teams performance is used to oscillating in important events. They may give a really tough game for favourites and beat them deservedly as Mexico did against Germany (1-0; World Cup 2018) as they may also lose badly as their loss against Chile (0-7; Copa América Centenário 2016) and Germany (1-4; Confederations Cup 2017).

Last edited:

Hausen

Under Osório's management, Mexico is an unpredictable team. He never keeps the same line-up in a row (correct me if I'm wrong) and their teams performance is used to oscillating in important events. They may give a really tough game for favourites and beat them deservedly as Mexico did against Germany (1-0; World Cup 2018) as they may also lose badly as their loss against Chile (0-7; Copa América Centenário 2016) and Germany (1-4; Confederations Cup 2017).
This was correct until Mexico’s game against Sweden a few days ago. Hilariously enough, this was the first time Osorio had ever repeated the same line-up in his three years with Mexico and Mex lost badly.

Prior to the World cup he was extremely criticized for never repeating line-ups and always fielding completely different squads/discontrolling the players. He’s been very consistent since the world cup began though.

He’s a kinda crazy Bielsa-ish coach who experiments like crazy and is very unpredictable (high risk/high reward) so tomorrow against Brazil will likely be either an upset or a complete brazil dominance, nothing in between. This is how it has usually gone under Osorio (example: beating Germany but losing 3-0 to Sweden).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
First predicted Mexico to win 2-1, now thinking Brazil will win 2-0 :lol: Can't make up my mind. Belgium should run over Japan.