Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

el3mel

Carrying an injury hasnt he? Doesnt seem to be as sharp as he should be.
Surely he has become Ok by now. He returned from the injury and even played a friendly before the tournament. Can't be affected by it any longer.

He looks to me like he wants to be the hero every time he gets the ball.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Had 18/1 that would've landed if one of them scored in the first half :(
As the great MJ said: "I want people to understand, gambling is not a bad thing if you do it within the framework of what it's meant to be, which is fun and entertaining."

Or as the slightly less eloquent Young Thug said: "when I was younger, I had a gambling problem."

Sandyman

This Mexico team is so well drilled and in sync. Whenever they counter, they almost always pick the right pass and the player in the free position.

FujiVice

Surely he has become Ok by now. He returned from the injury and even played a friendly before the tournament. Can't be affected by it any longer.

He looks to me like he wants to be the hero every time he gets the ball.
As an Englishman I've pre-deposed to blame every shit World Cup performance on an injury (Beckham 02, Rooney 06/10) etc.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mexico started off pretty well but really began to struggle as Brazil grew into the game. Paulinho and Casemiro have both been good for Brazil. Barring a surprise Brazil should go on to win this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Idiot commentators on my TV keep saying "Rhesus". It annoys me for some reason.
Jesus is the most overrated Braziilian striker of recent years, Firmino is much better at all aspects of football

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Filipe Luis will get sent off if he remains on. Brainless, reckless player.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
As the great MJ said: "I want people to understand, gambling is not a bad thing if you do it within the framework of what it's meant to be, which is fun and entertaining."

Or as the slightly less eloquent Young Thug said: "when I was younger, I had a gambling problem."
Thugger, truly the Aristotle of our time.

Kearnkoff69

Mexico with zero shots on goal.
Says more about their finishing than about their gameplan. Vela and Lozano both had multiple opportunities to test the keeper in the first 20 minutes. A complete lack of composure in the final third has drastically reduced their chances at getting anything out of this game.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Idiot commentators on my TV keep saying "Rhesus". It annoys me for some reason.
Jesus is the most overrated Braziilian striker of recent years, Firmino is much better at all aspects of football
I'd argue Firmino is more overrated, especially on the Caf. Replacing Jesus with Firmino doesn't raise Brazil up a level.

el3mel

I'd argue Firmino is more overrated, especially on the Caf. Replacing Jesus with Firmino doesn't raise Brazil up a level.
It's the opposite for me. Firmino is actually underrated. Jesus is massively overrated.

Patrick08

Which team Ocha plays for? He looks a fine goal keeper. He always stands out in Mexico games specially against Brazil.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Neymar....couldn't trap a bag of cement

€222m

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The state of Mexico’s decision making in the last third. They are all brainless.