Day 2: England vs Iran | Senegal vs Netherlands | USA vs Wales

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Still bummed Mane isn't playing, Senegal win this if he's in there. Nagelsman should've rotated him a little at least.

I think Korea and Japan should both be better, Japan have a lot of technical players that play in Europe. Korea of course have players like Son and Kim Min-jae, though I don't know about the rest of their players.

There was a good post by @Spiersey in yesterday's match thread about how Qatar had declined since 2019. They're probably the weakest Asian time in the tournament.
It was a huge blow for them. But they can win this match, IMO. Netherlands attacking players are quite subpar tbh.

MDFC Manager

Senegal are more likely to score from open play I think, whereas Netherlands only seem capable from set pieces

Dudu

The amount of times Senegal have pissed away a good position in the final 3rd..

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
If this is a "good" FdJ performance I would be interested to see what classifies as a bad one.

PoTMS

It’s had my interest throughout which is more than I can say for the other two.
Cos it's 0-0? Meanwhile, I'm struggling to say awake. A game where nothing of note has happened.

Wing Attack Plan R

How are the Senegalese struggling with the heat? This match is being played at a walking pace. Interesting to see our boy DeJong alongside side our ex-boy Depay and flanked by our future boy Gakpo. I want to see any of them standout but so far unexceptional. Senegal has been lulling the Dutch to sleep and it’s all going to come down to a snap shot 1-nil.

Stadjer

Senegal are 18th vs Iran 20th in the FIFA rankings. Not perfect but certainly better than @Stadjer unofficial rankings for cannon fodder/teams not facing Netherlands.
Did you not watch Iran? They recently sacked their coach, they have protest in their country which influences the team and lost their goalkeeper. That team has issues and Iran is cannon fodder. Just compare their players to Senegal their players. Thats a massive difference.

Senegal is a much better team than Iran. I would expect the lower ranked Poland or Serbia to also beat number 20 Iran.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Both teams really poor in attack.

PoTMS

Did you not watch Iran? They recently sacked their coach, they have protest in their country which influences the team and lost their goalkeeper. That team has issues and Iran is cannon fodder. Just compare their players to Senegal their players. Thats a massive difference.

Senegal is a much better team than Iran. I would expect the lower ranked Poland or Serbia to also beat number 20 Iran.
Interesting how no one said this before they got thrashed 6-2. Most people had them finishing second.