Day 2: England vs Iran | Senegal vs Netherlands | USA vs Wales

redshaw

Hopefully one of the teams will go for it in the last 5-10 mins. Second half has been terrible, I don't blame people not turning up for these games.

48 teams in the next WC.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Just said on commentary that Ronald Koeman is slated to replace van Gaal after this World Cup. Do the Netherlands just recycle managers?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Any United fans getting PTSD watching Van Gaal's football?
Thing is some fans have some romantic view that he would turn it around and should have had more time. But this game just reminds us how dire the football was.

Cloud7

I miss the days when the Netherlands were one of the most entertaining teams to watch. Euro 2008, WC 2010, Netherlands in those days were a team that I would make sure to never miss a match of because their football was always beautiful

Bobski

This WC has a huge amount of dross in it. Most do, but normally you have a group of really strong sides to balance it out, not so much this year looking at the squads.

De Jong has been really average.

Dazzmondo

Hope the Dutch are eliminated in group stages so I don't have to see any more of this. At least I can respect Senegal's excellent defensive display in the absence of their best player.

RedDevilMachine

I miss the days when the Netherlands were one of the most entertaining teams to watch. Euro 2008, WC 2010, Netherlands in those days were a team that I would make sure to never miss a match of because their football was always beautiful
Their opening match against Spain in the 2014 World Cup was the highlight of the tournament for me, that RVP header and Robben's dribble.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
That 2010 team was really defensive too, the teams before that were full of flair.

Dazzmondo

The dutch team in 2010 were absolutely terrible to watch, beautiful football my arse. The Dutch haven't played beautiful football since 1998

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A combination we will see at Old Trafford next season.

mu4c_20le

Thing is some fans have some romantic view that he would turn it around and should have had more time. But this game just reminds us how dire the football was.
So one game cancels out the thrashing he gave Belgium only a few months ago?

Dudu

From absolutely nowhere.

Netherlands lead.

Harsh on Senegal.

facchiano

Not impressed with Van Gaal’s formation of the Netherlands. They should be able to have a lot more possession and pressure against this Senegal team.
Yes, totally. They're devoid of creativity with the way they're set up.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
There we go. Undeserved but hopefully the game opens up.