Day 2: England vs Iran | Senegal vs Netherlands | USA vs Wales

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Meh, kinda expected. Story of african teams basically, that's what they often do. They can compete, specially physically but at any given moment, you know they're gonna feck up concentration wise

Tony247

Yep, then look at the squads of France, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Croatia, England around that time, brilliant period for football.
Golden days of football my friend. Mind blowing number of good center forwards that time had.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They didn't sing the anthem out of protests with a few players speaking out about the shitshow going on over there. Certainly not a wild statement to say.
I mean they're certainly not a good team, but seems like a weird way to play down England's results.

Eplel

There is absolutely no reason not to ram every corner kick into the area.
This is the hill I'm willing to die on, and I'll mention it every time a corner is hit with a low pass.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
? that was about as bang average as you can get. Brave and a well timed run, but not a bullet header.
I think he just jumped and hoped for the best, the way he turned around he didn't even know where the ball went. But like you said it's brave and you don't score those goals if you don't go for it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hardly a reach. The country is in an extreme state of turmoil to the point their own people are jeering the team.
Fair enough I guess. Seems like a reach to me to say that what is going on in Iran had a huge bearing on the result today.

Withnail

Meh, kinda expected. Story of african teams basically, that's what they often do. They can compete, specially physically but at any given moment, you know they're gonna feck up concentration wise
Bit of a cliché to be honest. They're sorely missing Mané and I'd say it'd be a different game with him available.

TheReligion

Abusive
Man United's Harry Maguire lost his man there
Good job he got an assist to make up for it and along with the goal and assists from Man United’s Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford ;)

How the feck is that a penalty but the one on Maguire in the first half wasn't ?

That is ludicrous
The one in the first half was far worse than that and no penalty was given.
VAR is embarrassing with the inconsistency. Was given out of pity it seems.

Iran could have 4 here England not the best either
England could have had 10 though…

How the hell are Ireland ranked 29 places below Iran? :lol:
It’s a shame that Irish football is in the gutter with the likes of Iran better sides currently. Hopefully you can get it together for the next WC like 94

RedDevilMachine

They always seem to "bottle" it. Remember the game against Argentina in the last group matchday of the 2014 World Cup, they just needed a draw to qualify to the last 16 and they lead twice but still lose. They seem to lack the mentality.

Kaos

When and why did LVG adopt this back 5 drone football? I always remember his famous Ajax team being quite adventurous, and I'm pretty sure he played a 433 at Barca and Bayern? I appreciate good coaches constantly evolve and adapt but I find it bizarre how much he's been married to this setup for a decade now.