Day 20: Sweden vs Switzerland and Colombia vs England

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBest

Why bring dier on? Loftus surely a better option. More energy to chase the ball, more mobile. Why vardy if you are playing deep? Southgate tactics are awful.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Did the german commentator just say Ashley Cole to Young? :lol:

IrishMcD

Every time I see Dier playing, I shudder to think how depressing it would be to see him play for United.

Camilo

England have created NOTHING all game - they need to up it massively now. Colombia are shit.

Ralaks

Neither should England. Henderson had a headbutt of his own and Stones kicked Falcao on the head.
I dont think either of this was anything. Stones was just trying to get his feet back, and the Henderson was in reality just him pushing the back of his head slightly back unless im missing something

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I've never heard more biased commentary in my life! It's embarrassing.

Unam333

Shit way to lose a game by a penalty. Glad we get to see extra time. (I'm not English).

Minimalist

These days if you say you're English, you get arrested and then thrown in jail...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's the most spectacular thing I've seen in the World Cup so far. Could have been a really epic moment.
Yeah would've been one of the all time great considering the circumstances. Think one of the teams will need a goal like that to win this because beyond set pieces they've done almost nothing. Can only see a red card opening the game up enough for a goal from open play otherwise.

Haddock

Defence is 50% of football. This "defending isn't football" nonsense needs to die.
I never said that. I never would- i love a good back to the wall performance but you have to admit Sweden are an uninspiring lot. It's hardly Inter 2010 at the Nou Camp is it?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
England really had one clear chance (pen), while Colombia had one after the feckup from Walker and then the crazy shot followed by the goal.
Yeah, England had the ball for the first hour but created basically nothing. Colombia had a few half chances after but not been too many openings here

Janson

Same old England. Will we ever learn? Not in my life time I think. DON'T SIT ON ONE GOAL! Go at them!, play 4-4-2 it's in our genes! 2 wingers, 2 strikers, 2 Half backs!

Never ever shut up shop, bringing on Dier? Please...……….. come on Southgate have you learnt nothing? Football is won by scoring goals arrrrgh
Actually, sitting back probably gives you a better chance at winning when you're up, over attacking. You just got to do it well.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Because I don't care about bunch of Spurs, Liverpool and City players, and generally that "coming hoke" thing is pissing me off. Maybe bit harsh on our players though.
There's a bunch of PL players in vortually every team left.

cyberman

Kane needs to get further forward, the Colombian defence are stepping up and causing havoc in midfield.