Day 23: Uruguay vs France and Brazil vs Belgium

el3mel

It makes some sense. This Brazil team is very lacking when it comes to aerial ability. Belgium aerial ability can be great weapon. Trading blow to blow technically is dangerous as Neymar definitely is another level compare to Belgium best like Hazard.
Should have thrown Dembele for the physical battle and keep Fellaini as a last resort in the last minutes as usual imo.

ti vu

Should have thrown Dembele for the physical battle and keep Fellaini as a last resort in the last minutes as usual imo.
I meant aerial presence for simple direct play, especially one in midfield where Brazil has not solution to stop. Dembele's not exactly good at tackling or heading. His best attribute is ball carrying ability which Belgium has plenty for that job.

el3mel

I meant aerial presence for simple direct play, especially one in midfield where Brazil has not solution to stop. Dembele's not exactly good at tackling or heading. His best attribute is ball carrying ability which Belgium has plenty for that job.
Fair, maybe I just still have Seville nightmares in my head every time I see Fellaini as a starter now. Let's see.

Hephaestus

The France game was on at work so saw it but from a distance. What sort of game did Pogba have besides the flashpoint and build up to the second goal?
Another good game overall. Did have one stupid moment where he should have had a yellow which would have ruled him out of the semi.

ti vu

Fair, maybe I just still have Seville nightmares in my head every time I see Fellaini as a starter now. Let's see.
Belgium has decent wing play and defenders who can pass the ball. Of course it's all but gameplan on the paper. Individual mistake can undo even the better team tactic wise. So yeah, I'll have to see

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
wtf why is Thiago Silva not the Captain anymore? Because he critizised Neymar?! :mad:

We need an rvn

Why did they just cut off the national anthem of Brazil and let the fans take over? To let the Brazilian players and Belgium players know Russia needs Brazil to win? Disgrace

R'hllor

Minute 13` Afro misses Neymar with an elbow but that wont stop Neymar rolling 15 times.

AndersB

That Belgium team is so sick. Even in defence, considered by most as the weakest part of the team, they have this season's best CB in the PL, last season's best CB in the PL, and one of the overall best CBs in the PL post 2010

DRM

How does Fellaini play over Dembele? fecking wonderful player.
Dembele is ok defensively but offers nothing going forward. He's also petulant. We all know about Fellainis strengths

Kapardin

After two consecutive boring games (Eng-Col and Fra-Uru), this world cup needs to rediscover its' mojo. Need a goalfest here, surely there is enough talent on the pitch to do that.