Day 24: Brazil vs. Netherlands

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ho-say of course ;)
Shouldn't it be Jose as the J in Portuguese makes a similar sound as it does in English? Jose and Joseph being the same name. It only makes the 'h' sound in Spanish. Although there's a good case that Jose actually sounds a bit like the Giuse of Giuseppe.

Anustart89

This refereeing performance is the worst I've ever seen. Silva's dive reminded me of Gilardino and the lino buys it :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's both horribly wrong. He's neither English nor Spanish. And the supposedly Spanish pronunciation isn't even right either. There is no 'h' in José. And for crying out loud: What do you think is the purpose of the accent above the 'e'? Certainly not to stress the first syllable. Does my head in when English commentators say 'José'.
My old boss is from Lisbon and told me "Jo-say" was right. If it's not, could you spell it phonetically please?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This ref is horrendous, probably the worst refereeing in the tournament, and there has been some terrible displays. Lucky for him nobody cares about this match

Sam

You can guarantee that the opposite of everything Clarke Carlisle says, is true. Absolutely guarantee it.

Sam

He was good vs. Spain and since then has been utterly useless.
You really have a massive chip on your shoulder in regards to United.

I'm convinced you're Glaston actually, seeing as he's gone missing and you've turned up spouting your anti-United agenda at every given opportunity.

Eriksen

4 goals for the team finishing 3rd. Not bad, even though his performances haven't been amazing.
Like I said, two of those came against Spain where he was good. One against Australia and a penalty in a match where he's been poor.