Day 24: Brazil vs. Netherlands

Count Orduck

Does anyone even watch these? I bet the players themselves don't even care!

mu4c_20le

This is a must win for Brazil vs a last chance to leave a lasting impression on the world stage by Van Gaal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Both teams may aswell go and attack which means Holland will probably win if Luiz plays. 3-2 Holland.

Zes

Really fecking hate that we have to play this game. Nobody fecking wants it, feck this game. If it would make Brazil somewhat happy after their semi final, they can win it for all I care. Shit game

Fenomeno9

I doubt we can even recover mentally to even play this game. The crowd might even boo us from the opening whistle.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I wish FIFA would get rid of this game but the income from tv rights and ticket sales etc means that wont ever happen.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
These games are normally good, cos a lot of the unused players play and they take the opportunity to shine.

But really, they should scrap the third place games. Who cares?

PHANTOMPHOENIX

Do teams normally play their stars in these games? I can't recall since I typically never watch these 3rd place games. :lol:

I am assuming Brazil will try to win since they are at home.

Drifter

American
Would like Brazil to restore some pride .But can both side be really up for this.
Especially Brazil.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Does finishing third have some sort of reward or something? It's scandalous to have a match between the two teams who are clearly hurting after losing their semi final matches.

SATA

Germany were hosts back then in 2006 so naturally they'll want third place

Brazil could be same as well tonight

Okocha119

Germany were going crazy in 2006 during their goals in the 3rd place play off
Well, the third place was a pretty good finish after what the expectations had been before the tournament. Just look how it was celebrated in Berlin afterwards. Plus it did help to end the tournament on a high note after that disappointing and soul crushing defeat to Italy. Won't be the same thing for Brazil though. Going in expecting to win the tournament (with a certainity that I have never seen before) and then having to play a "cheer-up" match after being humiliated in the most disastrous way is probably not what the players want right now. They have nothing to win here. People will be angry and disappointed even if they win and even more outraged if they manage to lose. So, yeah, I wouldn't like to play for Brazil right now.

Irish-Red-7

Will Van Gaal risk Van Persie tonight, bearing in mind where he is headed. The last thing we would want is Robin to get injured in a game like this, not so important in the grand scheme of things.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
As there's no place for the final at stake, I hope both countries will give viewers an entertaining match with lots of attacking displays.

Kita

Are the Dutch playing reserves? Read this somewhere but I can't seem to find it now so probably not true.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Let's hope the Netherlands don't play for another boring 0-0

FromTheBench

feck you FIFA.

Van Gaal could have been back by now sorting out transfers and taking a look at our players.

Hope it's a entertaining game now atleast with some of the younger talents playing.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Should play the kids for both teams. Let the next generation get some experience.