Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Including this Cnut.

That's so weird, he is friends with Ronaldo so has to be a gobshite online about Messi? Goodness sake grow up, and the annoying thing is with his platform he needs to act with responsibility.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yeah he was playing CB and keeper in those games.
The common theme and coincidence (or maybe not) is that he was always part of those teams that had those shocking losses. I don’t see thou who shall not be named losing 3-0 leads in back to back years. Or being a no show today. Or most importantly quitting on Argentina.

But of course people will defend him until death because Messi can do no wrong.

Redderp

Lindstrom not starting for Denmark. Any Danes here? Is he not a regular starter? He's a fantastic dribbler.
Just a bit of a bad timing, he has just recently gotten into the team. We are also playing with 3 at the back and wingbacks, because we have a lot of great CBs and our wingbacks are more comfortable playing in a back 5.

Also the competition is tough when we play 4 at the back. Lindstrøm is competing with Damsgaard and Skov Olsen and they have been really good for the national team.

But Lindstrøm will get playing time as a sub and maybe even replace Damsgaard in the starting lineup.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Messi was terrible today but I'm not sure he can be blamed for chucking away a lead to Saudi Arabia.
Dunno. Scored a marginally offside goal, assisted another marginally offside goal. Scored a pen. But once Saudi equalised he was pretty average.

Kaos

The common theme and coincidence (or maybe not) is that he was always part of those teams that had those shocking losses. I don’t see thou who shall not be named losing 3-0 leads in back to back years. Or being a no show today. Or most importantly quitting on Argentina.

A bit like some with old Ronnie eh :smirk:

Scottynaldinho

9 players of Saudia's starting lineup play for Al-Hilal, that's a big advantage for them.
To add to that, Al-Hilal is sponsored by the government and some other clubs, which is unfair to some clubs. The talent we saw on the show today shows there's potential to improve even further if the competition is fair.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Messi plays well if the environment plays well around him but when the going gets tough, this current version of him is just too old to make the difference

Deery

Dreary
I thought Messi played a good game but so is things with him the match has to flow in his direction, but he wasn’t bad.

pauldyson1uk

FFS pot kettle black comes to mind, so its OK for you do the same about Ronaldo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought Messi played a good game but so is things with him the match has to flow in his direction, but he wasn’t bad.
Given it was Saudi Arabia, I thought he was pretty meh. Gave away the ball for their goal too.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Messi plays well if the environment plays well around him but when the going gets tough, this current version of him is just too old to make the difference
It will be the same with Ronaldo, that's why it's stupid to gloat like this before our match. Both had amazing careers but their time is up.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
When you play a has-been like Nicolas Otamendi in yur line-up, this is what you get.

Speaking of Messi, it's in days like today that you see the difference between him and other greats, who had to assume their own starpower and lead their country at the same time. For my years of fandom in the World Cup, I would still take a fully fit Zinedine Zidane long before Lionel Messi as my main man.
Messi is 35 and Zidanes France was stacked with world class players.

Abdullah7

Football won today. I cant't even describe my happines. To all the Haters, be humbled.

Alhumdlillaah الحمدلله

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Dunno. Scored a marginally offside goal, assisted another marginally offside goal. Scored a pen. But once Saudi equalised he was pretty average.
He is way too old to carry Argentina.
He did in 2014 group stage, now he is 8 years older, it's not gonna happen.

Argentina is lacking real quality aside from Messi and Di María (and both are old and washed).

This was the moment for Lautaro and the youngers to step up, they didn't.

I think once Di María and Messi retire, Argentina aren't gonna be favorites for a WC anymore, their current quality is kinda poor, and the ones who come behind are unproven at the highest level.

Ted Lasso

What an underdog victory for Saudi Arabia! Love it. Hope we see more across the tournament.

Dazzmondo

I thought Tunisia could potentially pull a surprise but now I'm looking at their lineup, no way. They have players playing in Hungary, Denmark, the 2nd French division and the Tunisian league. At least it makes sense that the Saudi players would stay in the Saudi league because of the money they'd get.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He really is a sad, sad bastard.
I don't see anything out of the ordinary about an old English guy enjoying an Argentinian failure.

Falklands, Hand of God, Simeone making a meal of Becks being a bit of a girl... The world isn't just about Cristiano and Messi.