Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

redshaw

Kudos to the players and manager, that was a fantastic performance and they came out second half and really nailed it.

Argentina will be relieved to face easier games.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
To be fair, the strike for Saudi's second deserved to win a game. I know they stood of him but it was still a great finish

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Not too surprised at this. I was talking to a Polish friend of mine on Sunday and said watch out for Saudi. They will make a surprise.

They topped a very tough qualifying group including Japan and Australia, and most importantly they have RENE HAVARD.

What a coach. Was so incredibly unlucky with Morocco 4 years ago, but glad for him.

Shows up Queiroz and his anti-football brand of football with this result. Well done Saudi
That's Hervé Renard for you. A well known french coach in Africa and as you said, a very capable one at that. Funnily enough Renard means "fox".

fergosaurus

I'm no SA fan but it's always interesting to see a huge upset. Argies are fortunate they're in a relatively easy group. They got very complacent after a dominant first half.

NecssryEvil

Shows what can happen when an established team that has a chance to play together for months can accomplish even against an “all star“ team with a week to prepare.

Tony247

Lesson 1: play the butcher
Lesson 2: take young and hungry talent like Garnacho to world cup.

Idxomer

9 players of Saudia's starting lineup play for Al-Hilal, that's a big advantage for them.

Stadjer

Oh for sure, Messi possibly isn’t even the best Argentina player of all time
Depending on who you ask, most Argentine I have a feeling agree with that sentiment
Is that really a slight when he competes against Diego Maradona? Real Ronaldo or Ronaldinho isnt the best Brazilian player of all time either but they compete against Pele....

Dazzmondo

What a result by the Saudi. Really awful performance by Argentina. Are there no better defenders than freaking Otamendi? Nice job by the Argentinian Fernando Santos. I imagine millions of Acca's ruined. Thankfully I bet on goals.
I hear Lisandro Martinez is decent

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Messi is actually a really bad player and has been very lucky to have his career. Too small to play really, can't deal with any kind of physicality.

You guys are so knee jerk and over the top

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Me thinks this is going to be one of those 'great World Cups' they'll be talking about years later. Aside from Brazil, I can't think of another team being 'strong'. Even the players are practically in a generational shift and the young players haven't really exploded and taken the mantle.
Have an inkling we'll see some crazy games.
As for this ARG-KSA.. the WC arrived finally!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
To be fair, the strike for Saudi's second deserved to win a game. I know they stood of him but it was still a great finish
They didn't really stand off him, he literally had a fraction of a second to hit it and he did. Superb finish and a potential goal of the tournament.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That’s what happens when you haven’t got Licha at the back and no Garnacho to rescue the game from the bench. :drool:
He cleaned up everything on that Argentina left side. The different in class between Romero and Licha is just staggering; WTF Argies coach was thinking.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Looking forward to seeing Kasper S - everyone saying he's lost it and I just don't believe that

Selbourne

Messi is actually a really bad player and has been very lucky to have his career. Too small to play really, can't deal with any kind of physicality.

Wouldn't cut it at a cold night at Stoke

Dazzmondo

I'm no SA fan but it's always interesting to see a huge upset. Argies are fortunate they're in a relatively easy group. They got very complacent after a dominant first half.
Tbf the Saudi Arabian players and people aren't to blame for their regime

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ronaldo fans coming out in full force :drool:
Just one to be honest. And the other part mainly the Scottish Messi fan is as biased. Ronaldo can do no good and Messi is never responsible for Argentina failures.

I hope it's an eye opener for anyone that thinks the Ghana match will be easy. Players better be prepared and in the right mindset without any Ronaldo circus.

Stadjer

No white text needed. Look at that header he didnt score. Clearly overrated.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Messi was terrible today but I'm not sure he can be blamed for chucking away a lead to Saudi Arabia.
Just a general comment between the two legends over the four world cups each has played in. Maradona reached the final twice, and won it with sheer heart and skill on show. While coked, burgered and alcoholed up.

Messi demonstrated zero heart and minor skills during his 4 world cups. While in peak fitness with the world's best fitness instructors and dieticians.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm going to miss the Denmark game, but kom så Danmark!!

redcucumber

Just one to be honest. And the other part mainly the Scottish Messi fan is as biased. Ronaldo can do no good and Messi is never responsible for Argentina failures.

I hope it's an eye opener for anyone that thinks the Ghana match will be easy. Players better be prepared and in the right mindset without any Ronaldo circus.
Sorry, but no one is as vocal a fanboy towards Messi as SportingCP93 is to Ronaldo. It's bizarre. The only hope is that he's a teenager.

Robertd0803

Great performance from Saudi Arabia in the second half and the winning goal will be a strong contender for goal of the tournement.

fallengt

Garnacho could've been an asset for Argie today.
They don't have dribbler who good at 1v1. Had to rely on Messi and Dimaria to make something.

cyberman

On the halfway line.

Romero defending like a schoolboy deserves the vast majority of the blame. No surprise he was subbed off shortly after.
Bad place to give it away against the press in modern football though. It’s what these teams work for, it’s why midfields rotate the ball out wide sooner. Even KDB comes wide for City to pick up balls for City

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Garnacho could've been an asset for Argie today.
They don't have dribbler who good at 1v1. Had to rely on Messi and Dimaria to make something.
Yup. They lack someone explosive like him who can stretch teams and cause fullback headaches.