Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The shoulder offside is baffling. It's pure making it up as they go along. They can simply decide when and if they want it to be goal or not, based on basically nothing but bias.

this shouldn't be offside if common sense is used
It's always been any part of your body you can score from.

TheGame

They have Enzo Fernandez who should probably be playing.

Alexis MacCallistar, Paredes, De Paul too, they could even drop Messi deeper and play Dybala.
Problem is Messi isn’t going to do the legwork and so interesting if they bring in another midfielder for the later games and perhaps have gone more open in this one.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Pretty clear error I thought
A human would say its on (if it was a human ref) but I guess this is a way that gives consistent rulings even if it needs to be tweaked.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Problem is Messi isn’t going to do the legwork and so interesting if they bring in another midfielder for the later games.
Yeah he won't press or defend, I wonder how they transition as the tournament progresses.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The shoulder offside is baffling. It's pure making it up as they go along. They can simply decide when and if they want it to be goal or not, based on basically nothing but bias.

this shouldn't be offside if common sense is used
You can score with anything on the t shirt so of course it's offside.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The Martinez goal looked very onside. Even on the offside decision replay, they only compared the line with the defender close to Martinez, whereas the the left back was the one playing him onside by a yard. ??
Yeah would like to see that replay

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
A human would say its on (if it was a human ref) but I guess this is a way that gives consistent rulings even if it needs to be tweaked.
The computer used the wrong defender to draw the line though. It looked like the LB was a yard behind the rest of the line, playing him onside

CallyRed

The people of Newcastle will be happy with their teams performance so far

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Who is the co-commentator on ITV and why is he so depressed??

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The computer used the wrong defender to draw the line though. It looked like the LB was a yard behind the rest of the line, playing him onside
Does the technology only use the closest defender to check for the offside? From all the replays I've seen so far that's what it looks like.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Thanks for your great tactical input.
they have plenty of midfield options on the bench, they obviously wouldn’t play a 2 man midfield against all teams. Haven’t lost in nearly 3 years but keep making prisoner of the moment comments

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Argentina building up from the back really don't look comfortable... If only they had a left footed ball playing CB out there...

Adam-Utd

what if it's a long sleeve shirt?
Don't think they're used anymore? it's a shirt with long under arm thermal now
nah watch the replay from looking above - it's just an optical illusion the LB was actually ahead of the centre backs

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I always thought of Martinez as a Tevez kind of player but I guess he's changed his game to this.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Argentina building up from the back really don't look comfortable... If only they had a left footed ball playing CB out there...
If only there was an option of a player that "cant make it in the premier league" on the bench

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Does the technology only use the closest defender to check for the offside? From all the replays I've seen so far that's what it looks like.
I have no idea how it works but that's what it looked like on the replay.

This looks onside to me

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

This looks onside to me

it's not. var pic was already posted a page back.
The camera angle is fecking you with the perception because it's mounted on the side of the pitch

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It automatically checks all players. In this case the player they used was the the defender closest to goal, via his foot. Camera angles don't always help to make it clear.

Adam-Utd

This looks onside to me

You're being followed by the camera angle not looking at it straight. I'm sorry to say people get this wrong all the time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I reckon England would fancy their chances if they came up against this Argentina side. They look very beatable.

RedDevilMachine

I have not been impressed with Argentina so far, expect them to be up by 3 goals by now. Or maybe Saudi Arabia isn't as weak as I thought. This is the same Saudi Arabia that got thrashed by Russia 0-5 in the last World Cup.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I reckon England would fancy their chances if they came up against this Argentina side. They look very beatable.
A big side will be more open than this it's worth noting too, Saudi have two blocks of five against them.

Bole Top

Argentina's passing and technical ability isn't that good, even vs Arabia. I can see them easily losing control against stronger teams and simply resorting to counter.