Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Some of these backpasses to Martinez. :lol:

Argentina-Brazil as a SF looked a lock. Not so sure now....who would Argetina likely face if they finish second in this group?
1st place out of France or Denmark.

Argentina will top their group even if they lose here. But a quarter final vs Netherlands will be very tough for them and I don't think they are better than LvG and Netherlands

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
This has to be weakest Argentina i have seen in terms of individual quality , bar Messi and Di María.

Argentina used to smash these kinds of opponents, now they are struggling, and probably gonna lose.

If they lose here they are forced to beat Mexico and Poland, who won't be easy by any means.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Licha is the opposite of Pogba. He'd rather play with his team mates at United than Argentina NT I reckon.

Pronewbie

Peep
By the way, 9 of the 11 starters for Saudi play for the same club, Al Hilal, who were also the Asian representatives in the club world cup after winning the Asian CL. You can tell they have that club level chemistry.
Didn't know that. They're my go to club in fifa when I want a challenge online. They're rated pretty highly except for the defence.

CallyRed

The KSA manager looks like Dr Christian from Embarrassing Bodies.

PSV

It's the first time in 20 games that Saudi Arabia scores more than one goal.
It's also the first time in 20 games that a game including Saudi Arabia has more than two goals.

Their record prior to this was 9 goals scored and 11 goals conceded in the last 19 games.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Masterclass in high line defending from Saudi today. High-risk but the lack of blistering pace in that Argentina forward line makes it an astute choice for today's game.
Yeah they've always got a covering defender when Argentina put a pass through the lines. They will surely drop back for last 10 + minutes.

Martinez is pretty slow so can't break away from them even when it's a decent pass played.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Argentina have been seriously lacklustre but I've been impressed with the Saudis, they've really kept their heads on here.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Never a free kick. Messi knew he'd played a terrible pass and went down hoping for the best.

Probably 2-2 then....

IhabX7

Never a foul. And the late decision is suspect, hope the ref doesn’t rob the Saudis of what has been a stunning performance here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The crowd looks fantastic behind that goal.

Smores

Shocking ref decision that. Never a FK, only given as it's Messi