Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
People freaking out because two GKs are on the bench when it's a requirement. :lol:

UncleBob

I reckon you'll roll over this Croatia team, no matter how clueless Southgate is

Sancho better be injured or Southgate is somehow even more clueless than we all thought.
He’s never done it for England, and we have lots of attackers that can come off the bench. It’s an off selection of the 11 - but not that surprising to see Sancho outside of the match day squad.

Riz

Has BBC lost studio audio? Can’t hear anything but can see the players walking in.

kidbob

Where the hell is Chilwell or Shaw? Like Gareth can't actually believe that Trippier is a better LB than either of them can he?

Anyway England should still win simply because this Croatia team is past it but he ain't helping himself with that line up, especially if its a sign of things to come in the tournament.

Tarrou

if Shaw isn't injured Southgate should be sacked for that decision alone

he must be, right!?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Foden, Grealish and Sancho are in better form than Rashford and Sterling.
I agree. Which is why picking Sterling is crazy as the other 4 are all better players in terms of technique and ability, but also 3 of them in better form, while Rashford far better suited to the counter attack and if he wasn't half fit should be starting.

Judas

Open to offers
He’s never done it for England, and we have lots of attackers that can come off the bench. It’s an off selection of the 11 - but not that surprising to see Sancho outside of the match day squad.
One of the most in form attackers in the world out of the match day squad when one is starting who is woefully out of form (Sterling) and one is on the bench who is clearly injured (Rashford). It's utterly baffling to me.

redshaw

Maybe Trippier has been cutting in well and providing good crosses for Kane in training but Shaw and Chilwell are very good in this area. Assuming he's left back and Walker is the right.

Good thing is Grealish can come and change the game if it's not going well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Southgate is an absolute fecking moron. What a waste of a golden generation.

luck&neat

It feels like only England could give the job of managing such a great "tool set" to somebody who's only managerial "achievement" was getting a team relegated.

That is an absolute shit show of a team selection.

Feel sorry for Luke. Imagine having one of your best ever seasons and then have a 30-year-old guy who's played in that position a total of FOUR times in his life start over you.

Drainy

Sterling over Grealish, Sancho or Rashford is a terrible choice. Hell, if we're going based on how good their seasons are, the quality of player, then it should be Sancho and Grealish. If we're picking for counter attacking it should be Rashford and Sancho. Foden I get (even though disagree with him being ahead of Sancho, Grealish or Rashford ignoring injuries), but no chance Sterling after this past season where he was shit and others were far superior.
I see what he's doing at least with Sterling on the left. Rashford is injured so needs managing, while if we had both Grealish and Foden we may lack a player to run the channels / counter threat.

Sancho is possibly injured, we can only assume, otherwise it may be a statement that he's been dropped.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I can somehow get on board with Foden, Mount and Sterling over Rashford, Sancho and Grealish, but that LB decision is spectacular. No words for it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Is there any rationale for Tripper over Shaw? This looks more like an innsikt than a lineup but maybe Im not aware of something