Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I expect the England vs Scotland game to be really tight. I don’t see many (if any) goals being scored.
Think England will comfortably win. Scotland are really bad defending crosses for a start as we saw again today so fancy England to score two headers from set pieces so will be just like World cup again, might put some money on Mings scoring which will please many on here. :lol:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Fairplay to his 3 good performances all season yeah. Playing in Scotland team shows exactly his level. Should be one of Ole's task to work on his positioning and turn him into somewhat useful CB. For CM he's too passive, too slow and not proactive enough along with sub par technique for a footballer, let alone United player. But for a CB he can't be worse defensively than Lindelof or worse in the air and is decent carrying the ball out..
He's not a centre back. One of his biggest strengths are his runs into the box which Ole and the staff need him to do more of. I'm not saying he should be starting every week for us but he's clearly a good squad player and usually turns up for the big games.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Not a big fan of Mctominay, but ffs his fecking manager is an idiot playing him in CB.
He never started as CB, he started as a DM in front of the defence. In which he's been shocking to say the least. But yes Clarke is an idiot, playing him in that position when he's got Gilmour on the bench.

RonaldoVII

Think England will comfortably win. Scotland are really bad defending crosses for a start as we saw again today so fancy England to score two headers from set pieces so will be just like World cup again, might put some money on Mings scoring which will please many on here. :lol:
If Southgate doesn't play an actual left back to attack and get forward then he's a complete fool.

TheReligion

Abusive
He never started as CB, he started as a DM in front of the defence. In which he's been shocking to say the least. But yes Clarke is an idiot, playing him in that position when he's got Gilmour on the bench.
Surely you should play McGinn and Gilmour at 6 then use Mctominay further forward?

Denis79

I can't believe it to be honest. They could have had 3 or 4 goals. Some heroic blocks by the Czech defenders and keeper.
If they had a proper striker it would have been tied right now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Scotland definitely can feel unlucky today. So many chances, garbage finishing and then 2 brilliant finishes from Schick proving the difference.

Woodenlung

McTominay doesn't have the positional awareness or passing ability to play as a DM or controlling midfielder. He's a box to box option only.

He's very hard working and will tackle and harry all day long. But his technical abilities are below the standard required at the highest level.

MU655

Supposedly, Schick has a heart condition that made him fail his Juventus medical.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ref has given most of the decisions to the Czech's

Giggsyking

Do you watch the game he only moved him there in the second half because he was horrible all game in midfield..
I started watching from the second half. I didnt know he played midfield in the first, I am basing my opinion on the second half and the many matches I watched him playing at CB.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely you should play McGinn and Gilmour at 6 then use Mctominay further forward?
McGinn should be playing as the number 10 just to run onto stuff going into the box. He's actually got a good scoring record in last 12 months for Scotland.

Seems because we've played him as an 8 in last 12 months Scotland decided he has to go there aswell.