Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Clarke has to mix his team up for the next game. Have McTom play slightly further forward and Che Adams and a few other subs definitely need to start.

But something tells me Clarke isn't the most progressive thinking coach.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Scotland weren't that bad really....just conceded two bad goals at poor times either side of each half which is never good for mentality.

Probably will be out of contention even before last game which is some going when a few 3rd place teams go through.

Glaswegian

Well, that was a good laugh.

Clarke is such a dour, soul sucking emotionless man. Just about every national stereotype we have is always on show with our national football team.

England will take at least 5 off Scotland, will be like a training exercise.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
When your only tactic is to spam crosses in from Robertson you're not going far.

MU655

I'm not sure whether Scotland were worse than I was expecting, or Czech Republic are better than I thought.

They could have have had four by the end of the match.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Clarke is a dinosaur.

A front 3 of Fraser, Adams and Forrest is a far more dangerous attack than what he put out.

Gilmour getting nowhere near the team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not sure whether Scotland were worse than I was expecting, or Czech Republic are better than I thought.

They could have have had four by the end of the match.
I'm not convinced Czech Republic were that good, Scotland were the architects of their own downfall today.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Ref has given most of the decisions to the Czech's
jeez, it was a good performance, with decisions spread equally. CHildish to blame referee, especially when he was fair and let the play go like it should be..

Deery

Dreary
I wouldn’t ever start that Dyke lad again if I was Scotland manager I’m not even sure who he is..

RedDevilRoshi

Don’t take your chances at this level, you don’t win football games, simple as that.

We had plenty of chances to score and win this game but fluffed our lines countless times. Czech’s deserved the win.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Shelley Kerr looks like she should play Death in a black and white art film.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not so sure.

Robertson was having the full back on toast in the first half, whether its rashford or sterling, they do him in even worse.

Scotland have been really poor up front, they made them look better than they are.
More of a comment on how shit I think Croatia are then how good the Czezhs are to be honest.

el3mel

Probably one of the best goals I have seen last few years, if not the best. The curve the ball made before going in was ridiculous.

Reiver

It might have been over 20 years since we were last at a major tournament but it's the same old story.
We need to start with Adams, he's our best striker. We also need to have more of a threat on the right.
Very disappointing. Thankfully, I'm old enough to remember how poor we usually are at finals and didn't allow myself to get too excited. Well, maybe a little bit.
I don't think there's much between us and the Czechs, other than a £30 million plus striker.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
jeez, it was a good performance, with decisions spread equally. CHildish to blame referee, especially when he was fair and let the play go like it should be..
If anything is childish it's your reaction to my post :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pundits on this Scotland game are great. All so articulate and animated.

Nogbadthebad

More of a comment on how shit I think Croatia are then how good the Czezhs are to be honest.
I can see that for sure.

But I think both of the teams playing today have weaknesses that really play to Englands strength, full backs.

Our wide player are our best players. Neither team has anyone to cope, whichever of the front 5 or so southgate puts out.

Wilt

Scotland a bit unlucky, but should have done better on home turf.

Shoutout for that second goal :eek:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Surely you should play McGinn and Gilmour at 6 then use Mctominay further forward?
That would be a decent setup yeah. I have no idea why Gilmour didn't start instead. Scotland having no one capable of building up at all in there today killed them. They desperately needed some variation in their play. All they had to offer is the pass out wide to Robertson, which is nowhere near good enough at this level.

McTominay's strength is driving with the ball, so playing him further forward gets the best out of him definately. Moreso it gives Czech more problems to solve.

To be fair to McTominay, his performance for Scotland is exactly what we've seen from him when he's played in that 6 role for us on a few occasions. The game completely passes him by. Clarke should have known he couldn't do it.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Clarke bottled that which filtered down to the players. I thought Scotland should have beaten that very average CZ side.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I started watching from the second half. I didnt know he played midfield in the first, I am basing my opinion on the second half and the many matches I watched him playing at CB.
that's fair but then don't claim why he makes him play there, he played there a bit better anyway because he doesn't create, pass or close down spaces that often. Scotland should do better with their creative players. McGinn is quality and should play further up make runs etc. Adams should have played from the start etc..