Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

TheReligion

Abusive
How exactly? You haven’t explained anything, you just criticised me for saying Mctominay isn’t good enough to start for us & used “homegrown” to justify why he is. McTominay being from our academy doesn’t mean anything if he isn’t good enough. There’s a reason players like Beckham, Giggs, Scholes & now potentially Greenwood are so special. It doesn’t mean anything to be a homegrown player in the team if you not good enough. By your logic Drinkwater & Welbeck should still be here, they are homegrown & they play with heart. If that’s all it takes then there’s no reason why they shouldn’t.
:boring:

Raredaredevil

Poland's form has been dreadful coming into this tournament. Not surprised by this result.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Must be so frustrating to have one of the best strikers of all time in your team and you can't get him any service.

FatTails

Lewandowski would’ve won so much internationally if he was German or Spanish. Both have good teams but no top strikers since Klose and Villa/Torres.

Carolina Red

Staff
Lewandowski would’ve won so much internationally if he was German or Spanish. Both have good teams but no top strikers since Klose and Villa/Torres.
Germany with Lewandowski would be ridiculously good.

Edit to add: Interesting to note that Klose was born in Poland himself.

Agreed. I was just saying earlier that I was impressed by the refereeing. They’re letting a lot of things go which is great.
It’s flowing. I haven’t had that anxiety that goals are going to be disallowed every time like I did whilst watching domestic football.

when VAR has been referred to. It seems very quick.

It’s refreshing. No sendings off, no silly implementation/ interpretation of goals.

Look-a-Hill

Interesting that Lewa supposedly practices martial arts, and obviously Ibra does too. Something for more strikers to consider? I for one want to see Greenwood busting out a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku next season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Poland always underwhelm.
They really do. In theory they should be a better football nation. While not as developed as Western Europe they're not exactly poor I reckon. You'd expect them to have a good enough infrastructure to produce more good players with a 37 million population, more than twice that of the Netherlands.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hamsik is wasting a lot of good counters. Needs to stop being so selfish by constantly shooting with his weaker foot when there's better options.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They really do. In theory they should be a better football nation. While not as developed as Western Europe they're not exactly poor I reckon. You'd expect them to have a good enough infrastructure to produce more good players with a 37 million population, more than twice that of the Netherlands.
They are usually pretty decent at Youth level too.