Day 5: Hungary vs Portugal | France vs Germany

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Take off Havertz, he's been awful. Just walking around, not showing for a pass, losing it right when he gets it. Not the right mentality at all here
At least bring him on before you take him off.

Teja

Unpopular opinion probably but Deschamps is a shit coach. With the talent they have they can be so much more adventurous.

Godfather

Griezmann and Benzema are more hard-working than most attacking players, don't you think? I think it has something to do with the setup. The forwards always seem to find it harder deciding which spaces to occupy so they become a bit aimless. Mbappe's just a lazy bugger.
Totally agree. Didn't mean generally but in this game so far they looked a bit lazy. Most likely a setup thing. Griezmann has started to get going now though and works back more.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Unpopular opinion probably but Deschamps is a shit coach. With the talent they have they can be so much more adventurous.
It's a dumb opinion more than unpopular. You can say he's too conservative, but a shit coach? Yeah, dumb take.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why are France not more aggressive going forward? Germany will eventually cut through I reckon.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The midfield suits Pogba massively, but the front 3 are too lazy. How do you resolve that? Ben Cheddar instead of Grizou, maybe?
I don't know Griezmann is generally very good in that department, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to sub him off quickly.

Tony247

Should have scored there. Not used to see the german team without a proper striker.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Elite level commentary on German TV ZDF:
“Shots which slightly miss the target don’t count as shots on target, at least not for the stats.”

Teja

It's a dumb opinion more than unpopular. You can say he's too conservative, but a shit coach? Yeah, dumb take.
I'll still stand by it. Any half decent coach will be able to do what he does with that France side.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The defensive shift Pogba puts in for France compared to what he does for us is quite frustrating.

Is it a matter of instructions / tactical setup or does Pogba simply care more in a French jersey?

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
What a world champion. Wasting time since minute 10 of the game, shitting their pants.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kimmich channeling his inner Daniel san.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dont know if I just didn't appreciate him enough before but Muller is so good. So quick with every decision and so consistent with everything.

Wilt

Rolling about holding his face ….hey presto now he’s ok

cheating prick

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What a pass again from Pogba, poor chest control by Benzema