Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Maguire, Young and (maybe finally for good) Kane all looked like leaders out there, esp Young.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Oh sit @Arbitrium thought you were from Canada. Just seen you are from Scotland. Ok makes sense now. :lol:

klsv

So important for England this. A draw here would have meant cracks in confidence and massive pressure for the remaining group matches and, considering lack of WC experience, a probable disaster. Something to build on now. Congrats to the English guys here!

Deleted member 101472

In all seriousness, surely that would be England’s worst performance of the tournament, there’s no way constantly batting off flies all day and all through the game wouldn’t have an effect on you?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Who was MOTM for you?
There would've been a host of players better than him had it not been for his second goal. Fair enough, though. He is to be judged by goals so, like Lukaku, should have got the award perhaps.

Neo_Mufc

Come on ENGLAND!

I'm going to say 2 -1 England. Harry Kane x 2 .
Yay!

Performances that stuck out for me today were Henderson, Maguire and Trippier. I'm so happy we got the result that we needed.

Lingard had 4 excellent chances, I wish he would have buried a couple away but nevertheless if we can create the same against Panama I fully expect us to score more.

Without getting too excited, we were a tad slow in our passing at times and we really did take the foot off the gas in the second half but Tunisia were annoyingly frustrating to play against.

I have my concerns but feck it we won. It's been a while since I can say that.

PoTMS

Is it just me or do England always seem to win when BBC show the games and the cock up games happen on ITV far more frequently?

Would be interested on the stats last 20 years on how well England have done on each channel?

I remember only euros game they won v Wales was on BBC and think ITV showed the other three games.
Adjusted for some kind of ranking of the teams played, I assume the differences are very slim - as they are with all myths and gut feelings :)
Before today's result...

deafepl

Scoreline makes Tunisia looking very good. By the performance, they were embarrassing and could be down by at least 5 goals+

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
There would've been a host of players better than him had it not been for his second goal. Fair enough, though. He is to be judged by goals so, like Lukaku, should have got the award perhaps.
Was referring to Trippier mate

James Peril

Seeing the second goal again, how can you be a defender and leave Harry Kane alone like that!? :D

Irrational.

Who was MOTM for you?
If I had to pick I'd say Kane as he made the game winning contribution, I was however referring to Glaston's poo-pooing of Young when in fact Rose has done nowhere near enough to justify inclusion in the starting XI ahead of Young, as talented as he may be.

Neo_Mufc

Scoreline makes Tunisia looking very good. By the performance, they were embarrassing and could be down by at least 5 goals+
4-1 would not have flattered us tonight. We really should have buried some of those chances. The stones one was annoying for me. How we didn't get a penalty for the 2 fouls on Kane makes me wonder what those full kit wankers were doing in the green room.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
If I had to pick I'd say Kane as he made the game winning contribution, I was however referring to Glaston's poo-pooing of Young when in fact Rose has done nowhere near enough to justify inclusion in the starting XI ahead of Young, as talented as he may be.
Weren’t you also referring to him picking Trippier as MOTM? That’s what I was referencing.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Thought Tunisia were woeful.

On England, as usual we couldn't break down a solid defence. As usual we created little from open play. Players looked over-trained and scared to take their opponents on. No creativity. Scared to do the final ball, scared to make runs.

Death by midges and the heat (Google said it started at 23 degrees and dropped to 21 by the end, bit maybe the stadium was hotter) may have affected them, but still

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It was a poor attempt to be fair.
:lol: You do know I'm pulling your plonker as much as you are trying to pull mine don't ya?

Not like you to get worked up like that, of I'd say you were a wolf tbh.

TheGame

Thought Tunisia were woeful.

On England, as usual we couldn't break down a solid defence. As usual we created little from open play. Players looked over-trained and scared to take their opponents on. No creativity. Scared to do the final ball, scared to make runs.

Death by midges and the heat (Google said it started at 23 degrees and dropped to 21 by the end, bit maybe the stadium was hotter) may have affected them, but still
Little from open play? :houllier: Were you watching the same game. Lingard had 4 chances by himself, all from open play.

Deleted member 101472

:lol: You do know I'm pulling your plonker as much as you are trying to pull mine don't ya?

Not like you to get worked up like that, of I'd say you were a wolf tbh.
Na I’ve had enough of you belittling me. Want you to give it a rest tbh.hehe

deafepl

Belgium is gonna tear through this England side
Not sure about that. England should be up at least 6 goals and with two penalties against Tunisia. I think England will destroy Belgium 1-0 regardless of talents in squads because they all play like a team and Belgium is more dependent on individualism.

dogwithabone

Typical England performance. 6 out of 10. Job done but nothing there to get excited about.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not sure about that. England should be up at least 6 goals and with two penalties against Tunisia. I think England will destroy Belgium 1-0 regardless of talents in squads because they all play like a team and Belgium is more dependent on individualism.
Lets see if Tunisia get away with wrestling the Belgium players in their game. Bet they don't.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Between Lingard and Sterling there were lots of fantastic chances created from open play.
In the first 20 minutes there were yes. After that, not much. What chances to Sterling have?

Darnswism

Supports
LOSC Lille
England are good but they have the same problem as France in my opinion, that they rely way too much on the pace of their wingers or wing-backs. The most dangerous attacks from the second half were when Henderson played a long ball to the right wings (Trippier, Loftus-Cheek etc) and that is not a reliable tactic in my opinion. Still a very exciting side they are.