Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

Phil

England fans on the Caf - no disrespect - are a negative bunch. If there is sunshine today, you are more concerned with the fact that there is a 50% chance of precipitation tomorrow. Plenty of "big" countries will not go far this year. England probably won't win it. So why not just enjoy the thrill of an injury-time winner, and look forward to the next game, without worrying about a potentially embarrasing exit (which might happen) somewhere down the line?
Lol they can't win either way, a slight bit of positivity and the rest of Britain and Ireland are shouting down their throats.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
After about 4 mins, a great move, cross from Lingard than he totally fluffed from a few yards out.
Twas all in the first 20 minutes. After Tunisia settled, we struggled.

If Belgium/Germany/Brazil go 1-0.. we'll struggle based on that

buchansleftleg

I would love to see the stats...I think Lingard must have covered the most ground.

I think a more concerted attack will pull that defence apart but they did ok tonight.

Alli should have been subbed off after 50 mins. Injury just stopped his runs.

Sterling was the poorest player for England, running down blind alleys and can,t control the ball properly.

Rashford and loftus cheek gave new life to the team and Lingard started running again, whereas he was having to cover a crocked Alli.

Hopefully Southgate will not wait as long to change things next time.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Germany lost, Brazil drew. What do you make of their first games if we were to go one up first?

AndyJ1985

Well yeah, those teams are far better than England so it's not really fair to use them as a stick to beat England with.

Member 90887

Germany lost, Brazil drew. What do you make of their first games if we were to go one up first?
As Jose said before the game, English supporters are pessimistics by nature, you can see the proof in this thread.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That 2nd goal is what makes Kane such an unbelievable striker - not just being in the right place at the right time, but he rooted the keeper by not hitting the far easier bullet header back across goal to the far corner, but instead the far harder technique of whipping his neck around and going inside the near post.

PoTMS

Loftus-Cheek was very good when he came on. Lingard and Alli started off well but like the rest of the team faded as the game went on. Rashford must start ahead of Sterling v Panama.

Loublaze

ATLien
Feck me. England just about squeeze through and they're soaking it up and doing a lap of honour like they won 5-0 :lol: on a level with the Liverpool 2-2 WBA trophy.

They'll get found out in the knockouts.
:lol: I missed that. They suck!

Loublaze

ATLien
When does your campaign start?

:wenger:
Grooming our young team for 2022 and getting ready for 2026 to host the biggest and best organized WC since the last biggest and best organized WC in USA 94! When are you guys hosting next? That's the only way you're winning again you know! :wenger:

Djemba-Djemba

Grooming our young team for 2022 and getting ready for 2026 to host the biggest and best organized WC since the last biggest and best organized WC in USA 94! When are you guys hosting next? That's the only way you're winning again you know! :wenger:
I don't get why you're so bitter.

I didn't even realise you'd hilariously failed to qualify until about a month ago and yet you've been on here all night crying about England winning.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Trinidad and Tobago

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
England were alright. They're an alright team. I expect their progress to depend on the quality of the opposition. Maybe quarters.

Kane scored two but wasn't too impressive either given the goals were gifts really.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't get why you're so bitter.

I didn't even realise you'd hilariously failed to qualify until about a month ago and yet you've been on here all night crying about England winning.
I used to support the English NT but that ended after Euro 96 when funny enough Gareth Southgate became a figure of hate after his missed penalty against Germany in the semis. Two years later it was Beckham's turn to face the ire of the arrogant spoiled rotten English fans and media after his send off against Argentina. He admitted to wanting to quit football after that.
Fast forward another two years Phil Neville was getting death threats and had English fans outside his residence hurling abuse for the penalty he gave away at Euro 2000 against Romania, knocking them out. He also admitted to wanting to quit. Two years later again it was David Seaman at WC 02 with the Ronaldinho chip. I just hope United players escape unscathed when the inevitable elimination comes. To sum it up the culture of entitlement when it comes to the England NT is pretty pathetic. You guys think you're as good as Brazil or any of the other great national sides but you're really not. 'We're England, we should be destroying X or Z' and all that. Almost everyone has a NT they hate and mine is England for those reasons. I hope you crush and burn again as usual :devil:

Last edited:

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
First, nobody has any expectation of the NT to do well. The media doesnt even hype us any more. Our last real chance of winning something was Euro 96, arguably Italia 90 too.

Second, there was no ''hate" for Southgate after his penalty miss. Huge amounts of despair yes but most people here sympathised. Beckham did get it bad yes, but largely because hr played for United as did Neville. Seaman was just past it, nobody really hated on him.

Since then nobody has really been scapegoated. Ashley Young missed the penalty that took us out of Euro 2012 and nobody gave a shit. In 2016, the whole team were to blame.

Expectations are at an all time low.

Seven Seas Sardines

Should line up like this against Panama, no point holding back. Change Alli for Dier against Belgium.

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Maguire
Trippier - Alli - RLC - Rose
Sterling Kane Rashford​

Rednotdead

When are people going to see through the impostor that is Sterling? 2 goals in 39 games for England and he seems to be an automatic choice. It's not even as if he contributed anything else last night.

El Pasillo

Harry Kane just doesn't care. What a man, first big name to deliver properly since like Shearer, especially with the reputation behind them. What a man. As Lamps just said, he IS a superstar, he's replacing Benzema at Madrid, if he wants it that is. He may not do much after the Belgium game, but so what.
Won't happen. They are completely different typer of players.

If anything, Kane would come to Madrid as a Cristiano replacement. And the Portuguse is still a better #9 than him.

The Purley King

Rlc for Alli and rashford for sterling.
Dunno what was wrong with Alli last night (was watching on Spanish telly and couldn’t understand a word) but he was very poor.
Same goes for sterling. Looks good in patches but shit decision making

The Purley King

Rlc for Alli and rashford for sterling.
Dunno what was wrong with Alli last night (was watching on Spanish telly and couldn’t understand a word) but he was very poor.
Same goes for sterling. Looks good in patches but shit decision making