Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

the_cliff

This has been one of Ronaldo's best performances so far this season, shows just how bad he was at United.

Portugal need Leao and Dalot on, need an injection of pace and players willing to be more direct. I'd take off Felix and the left back, put Cancelo left back and Dalot right back at least you'd have decent pace on both sides with Dalot/Leao.

Of course I'd rather take Ronaldo off for Leao but we know that's not going to happen but they desperately need Leao on the pitch so Felix will be the one to go.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When did Ronaldo actually decline? Was it this year due to lack of pre-season? Can he train himself back into some kind of form if he has a proper one?
He's perfectly fit. He's just lacking sharpness, his first touch is failing him and he can't seem to score like he used to.

It happens, he's aging and losing it. Why do people get surprised?

Pintu

Does the Portuguese coach have the balls to take Ronaldo off? Or do Portugal play with 10 men for 90 mins?
Ronaldo isn't the problem. At least not in this type of games where they can dominate the opposition... They just need Leao and Mendes.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Ronaldo had two chances already. He's angry. Portugal are making a lot of chances. The disallowed finish was better than anything he has produced this season.
He's going to score, in other words.

Adam-Utd

That was never a foul for his 'goal' though. Defender was weak as water.
Attackers have never been able to push through the back of a defender to get a ball. Fouls are given like that all the time.

Just as if a defender tried to do the opposite it would be a penalty

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Because he's also been shite, squandering every chance. Nor is he doing anything off the ball.
He’s been much better then Felix and has provided more of a threat in the final third.

People here saying Portugal are on 10 men with Ronaldo even though Felix has been worse is hilarious but not unexpected from here at this point.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Santos changed nothing since we have been stellar

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Attackers have never been able to push through the back of a defender to get a ball. Fouls are given like that all the time.

Just as if a defender tried to do the opposite it would be a penalty
He was more to a side and they were both pushing each other, but the other guy was weaker. Was a soft foul.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Perfectly OK game from Ronaldo. Should have had a goal too.

The one catching my attention is 21 y/o Mohammed Kudus, under contract with Ajax. That is a kid I certainly wouldn't mind snatching from them. Leftfooted. Can play both as a striker and RW, but is primarely an AMC.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Ronaldo has changed to a sleeveless shirt to try and cut some weight off maybe itll make a difference

Adam-Utd

He was more to a side and they were both pushing each other, but the other guy was weaker. Was a soft foul.
Think you need to watch it again mate :lol:

VAR didn't even bother checking which says everything.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
William !? Hahahaha

Feck me. Just shoot me.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
William Carvalho will come in... :lol:
What we really need to break Ghana is a slow defensive midfielder