Day 6: Belgium vs. Algeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno8

Algeria are a well organised team and will be tough to beat. Will be a 0-0 draw at best else I see an Algerian win

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Belgium's Line up: Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel, Dembele, Chadli, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku.

Other than Van Buyten, thats a very FM looking team.

ottosec

No Fellaini. This cannot be, I was told by Moyes that he was the best player in every Belgium game he saw....

Winrar

van Buyten is the top goalscorer of this WC side. Also the only player to be at least 30 years old.

Cina

it's a very young inexperienced side, and you don't win world cup's with kids.

Ruht

Belgium's Line up: Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel, Dembele, Chadli, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku.

Other than van Buyten, thats a very FM looking team.
Wait, van Buyten got the nod? Did not expect this. The guy has bags of experience though so could provide useful.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought Vermealen had been assured a starting spot? Also, no Fellaini?! Has he not seen United play this season? Madness...

Hope we get to see a bit of Januzaj at some point...

Hed Zitin

Fellaini... There was Witsel ready and tailor made for the role Moyes wanted and he bought Fellaini.

They have a cracking midfield Belgium.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Expecting De Bruyne to have an outstanding tournament. Fantastic player.

NMF

Fellaini... There was Witsel ready and tailor made for the role Moyes wanted and he bought Fellaini.

They have a cracking midfield Belgium.
Maybe he got confused they both have afro's

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Chadli over Mirallas seems a bit mad if you take into consideration performances for their clubs. It can't even be something like Chadli helping out defensively either as Mirallas is superb at that with us, his work rate is top notch. Ah well, hopefully he gets on at some point.

ryan cook

I've got Belgium down as the tournament's dark horse so I hope they go OK, they were paying like $16 to win the cup but I didn't put anything on them so i would be pissed if they won it. My god do I hope januzaj plays against Algeria, I am staying up to watch this game so he better play. What if januzaj scores a world cup goal :drool::drool::drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Chadli has always looked a bit shite whenever I've seen him, should be last on the pecking list for their wingers probably.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Chadli over Mirallas seems a bit mad if you take into consideration performances for their clubs. It can't even be something like Chadli helping out defensively either as Mirallas is superb at that with us, his work rate is top notch. Ah well, hopefully he gets on at some point.
Maybe they're underestimating Algeria...

Or if they hammer them, estimating them accurately.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Why van Buyten and Chadli? Are Vermaelen and Mirallas not fit? Would also rather play Mertens or Januzaj than Chadli. Otherwise nice team. They just need fullbacks, then they will have a superb team in the next tournaments. This year is probably too early for them.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is it a good idea having the broadcast from a Brazilian beach?

Someone behind will go topless :lol:

Dylan94

I think this is going to be a better game than some people think. At the very least it'll be better than Nigeria v Iran and it won't be 0-0.

FromTheBench

Dembele is coming off a pretty poor season as well.

And Chadli is pretty average.

Surprised by those 2 and Van Buyten in.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Was interested to have another look at Vermaalen, surprised to see VB in there but then again I don't know much about the Belgium NT.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought Fellaini was a starter for Belgium? I've seen a few people using the fact he's a regular starter for Belgium as proof he isn't as terrible as he's looked for Utd.

Hopefully we see Januzaj come on.

Juan't Mata

Fed up hearing about how great Belgium are and having morons in work who barely watch football assuring me they are "dark horses."

I don't think their starting 11 is particularly strong, the have four centre backs across defence and have no guile or creativity in midfield. I think the England team is better on paper tbh and I think they're fairly shite too.

Hoping these guys flop badly.

/rant

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Vermalaen is wank and has been for 2 seasons. He was poor in every single game he's played recently, Van Buyten adds calmness, experience at the back and carries a goal-scoring threat. Would have preferred Lombaerts but it seems he's never going to get a look-in until he leaves Russia.

Chadli is playing through the middle, not out wide. De Bruyne is at RW for this game. Dembele over Fellaini is a straightforward decision.

Januzaj is not going to play much this World Cup, he's just here for the experience. Hazard, De Bruyne, Chadli, Mirallas and Mertens are all better options out wide as of right now.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Have a sneaky feeling that Algeria might cause an upset today. They'll need Feghouli to turn up though, which is never a sure thing with his lack of consistency.

MikeMango

I predict an easy win for belgium.

A little bit surprised with Chadli and van Buyten being starters.

Sam

Fellaini :lol:

So much for him being Belgium's most important player. Hopefully this puts that nonsense to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.