Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

cyberman

Lot
Going back to the disallowed goal for a moment. Clearly offside under the Laws.

But could we not tweak the offside rule to provide that only the foot can be offside? It seems to me we would all want to a goal like one we just saw be allowed. If you’ve taken a step, even by an inch, past the defender you’re offside. But if your foot is onside and you’ve leaned beyond the imaginary line, let it fukking go.
Players lean forward when starting the darting runs. A lot of time youll have their feet behind their body in freeze frames and thats too far offside.

Matriac

Surprised nobody on here have started a thread on Pohjanpalo (or bumped his 2016 transfer forum thread) yet.
He seems to me like the typical big championship player that has a cracking summer, every muppet wants him for their team and come next season they realize why he played for a lesser team in Bundesliga.

(But I am really enjoying watching him now!)

PoTMS

Pukki has been awful these two games. Pohjanpalo on the other hand looks a tidy player.

Raredaredevil

Russia in trouble if they don't win this. Really expected better from them after they did well in the World Cup and they have been on a good run since and they have all their games at home as well. Apart from Teamu Pukki, I've never even heard of any of the other Finnish players.

PoTMS

What a finish. Miranchuk's passing has been atrocious today and then he does that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That's a great goal, the strike looks so effortless.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some incredible last ditch defending in this game, stopped at least three goals.

Dante

Average bang
Russia had 10 men in the box to defend a cross in open play. They're desperate not to concede now.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be honest, Finland couldn’t hit a barn door with a beach ball.

Dante

Average bang
Is anyone watching the tactical camera on the BBC?

This match probably isn't the best advertisement for it. But I could see it being a really interesting way to watch other games.